Oak Grove Golden Knights, C&C please

seangilman

Great start! Agree with what derschwigg had to say. The bevelling looks great, but think about the lighting and where it would be coming from to create the highlights and shadows. If, say, your light source is coming from the top right, which sections would be highlighted and which would be shadowed? Here's a project I did a while back that I hope illustrates what I'm talking about.

Also, I'd make the light yellow in the lettering a tad lighter and the dark yellow a tad darker, just to make the bevelling a little more prevalent. I'd also consider bevelling the outside part of the shield to make it more consistent with the inside. And you might want to play with the shape of the shield itself, maybe narrow it some so it fits the vertical 'OG' monogram better and doesn't leave a bunch of empty space on the left and right sides.

Not bad! If I were you, I'd swap the white around the OG for the darker of the two greys (is that a black?) and make your stroke around it 1) larger and 2) sharp, not rounded.

Yeah... also, it looks great!

Β 

Β 

tinysig.jpg

Archived