Pacific Northwest League (fictional baseball league)

jackoboy13

For Puyallup, I like the font for the word mark but not so much as a number font. Also, I am from Aberdeen and I like the concept but im not sure where the colors come from.

For Aberdeen, I just wanted to have a nice unique color scheme and Maroon and Light blue look good together on my design so I went with it.

That Longview black alternate is...um, not the best looking. I'd suggest going with solid lettering, well I like the creativity in going with the outline, it's just not working for me and would be impossible to see on TV.

EDIT: two questions. 1) Are you making these fonts? 2) Why are you putting the names of real MLB players on the back if this is a league for just one region?

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

This whole series feels somewhat rushed. I think you need to slow down and refine each individual identity, particularly the logo sets. (By the way, using logos not created by you without crediting the original source is a huge no-no and can get you in big trouble on these boards). There is some variety in the uniform designs, but none of them really stand out.
A lot of the sets aren't bad, but they just aren't exactly good either. I would recommend studying other baseball uniforms and concepts. (An excellent example is dgnmrwrw's Continental Independent Baseball League).

Aberdeen: Work on the logos.
Astoria: Work on the logos and wordmark.
Bellevue: The jerseys are kind of plain, and the different fonts you have don't really fit very well. I also think they could use some sort of a logo more related to a lake monster.
Bremerton: Your first set had a lack of contrast between colors. However, your secon version just looks a bit boring.
Centralia: OK, but I don't like the CH monogram.
Longview: I don't like the logo or the weird angled in the font. The uniforms are also just kind of boring, and it's impossible to read the front of the black jersey.
Mount Vernon: I don't like the number font. I feel like you need a much better logo.
Olympia: I don't like the beveled font or the two shades of gray, and there is not enough contrast between the red and blue.
Port Angeles: You need some whale imagery in there.
Port Townsend: Okay.
Puyallup: I don't like the font, and I think you need a better logo. I like the color combination, though.
Shelton: Okay. Maybe experiment with other number fonts.
Sea-Tac: You need some jet imagery in there (especially in the form of a logo.)
Tacoma: I don't particularly like the way the colors all fit together, and I don't like the font. I also feel like you need to develop more of a logo for them.

I don't mean to tear you down, but a lot of these just need a lot of work to get up to the quality standard that has come to be expected on these boards.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

This whole series feels somewhat rushed. I think you need to slow down and refine each individual identity, particularly the logo sets. (By the way, using logos not created by you without crediting the original source is a huge no-no and can get you in big trouble on these boards). There is some variety in the uniform designs, but none of them really stand out.

A lot of the sets aren't bad, but they just aren't exactly good either. I would recommend studying other baseball uniforms and concepts. (An excellent example is dgnmrwrw's Continental Independent Baseball League).

Bellevue: The jerseys are kind of plain, and the different fonts you have don't really fit very well. I also think they could use some sort of a logo more related to a lake monster.

Bremerton: Your first set had a lack of contrast between colors. However, your secon version just looks a bit boring.

Longview: I don't like the logo or the weird angled in the font. The uniforms are also just kind of boring, and it's impossible to read the front of the black jersey.

Mount Vernon: I don't like the number font. I feel like you need a much better logo.

Olympia: I don't like the beveled font or the two shades of gray, and there is not enough contrast between the red and blue.

Puyallup: I don't like the font, and I think you need a better logo. I like the color combination, though.

Tacoma: I don't particularly like the way the colors all fit together, and I don't like the font. I also feel like you need to develop more of a logo for them.

I don't mean to tear you down, but a lot of these just need a lot of work to get up to the quality standard that has come to be expected on these boards.

Couldn't have said it better. I've been trying to come up with a series, but don't want to post anything until I am truly satisfied with the product. Take your time in developing these designs, I'm sure you would like the results alot better. Also, in regards to the logos, let the creative juices flow a little bit. Rather than using a premade logo (Myrtle Beach Pelicans) try developing something on your own. People on these boards are friendly enough to guide you in the right direction to ensure you are able to produce the best product possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't have said it better. I've been trying to come up with a series, but don't want to post anything until I am truly satisfied with the product. Take your time in developing these designs, I'm sure you would like the results alot better. Also, in regards to the logos, let the creative juices flow a little bit. Rather than using a premade logo (Myrtle Beach Pelicans) try developing something on your own. People on these boards are friendly enough to guide you in the right direction to ensure you are able to produce the best product possible.

Alright, thanks for the feedback. The main problem I have is using paint. It doesn't allow me to be as creative as I would like to be (as in making my own logos and such). Is there any other free programs that would allow me to add more detail? I have tried doing hand-drawn concepts but they turned out horrible. I also had no idea that the Pelicans logo was from a real minor league team! I took a look at the other thread you suggested, and those concepts are great, and I would definitely go into that much detail if I could.

Archived