It seems that VWAG has had a busy couple of days.

Here's Porsche New 919

eunbk2.jpg

Plus VW has a new scheme on their rally car

52xc7n.jpg

It also looks like that Honda won't be affected after all during the engine unfreeze which will help McLaren.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/01/18/boost-for-mclaren-after-honda-win-engine-freeze-reprieve/

The Japanese company, who have replaced Mercedes at McLaren, are returning to Formula One as the sport’s fourth engine supplier.

Mercedes, Renault and Ferrari are allowed to introduce limited upgrades during the season but Honda, as a new entrant, had been told to present their engine for approval on Feb. 28 with no further development permitted.

Honda met International Automobile Federation officials last Monday to present their view that the situation was unfair.

A document issued to teams on Friday by Formula One race director Charlie Whiting, seen by Reuters and confirmed by the FIA, did not name Honda but clarified the situation with an amendment in their favour.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Japanese company, who have replaced Mercedes at McLaren, are returning to Formula One as the sport’s fourth engine supplier.

Mercedes, Renault and Ferrari are allowed to introduce limited upgrades during the season but Honda, as a new entrant, had been told to present their engine for approval on Feb. 28 with no further development permitted.

Honda met International Automobile Federation officials last Monday to present their view that the situation was unfair.

A document issued to teams on Friday by Formula One race director Charlie Whiting, seen by Reuters and confirmed by the FIA, did not name Honda but clarified the situation with an amendment in their favour.

That is great news about Honda not being limited to upgrades on their engines. I knew in the end the FIA would come around, Todt and the executive board isn't as backwards and corrupt as Blatter and FIFA.

The first image of Williams FW37 was the cover of the current F1 Racing magazine with many more photos inside.

1421791794.jpg

So it looks like Marussia has found a potential investor to allow the Banbury-based team to drive in 2015.

"Hopes of reviving the failed Marussia Formula 1 team grew on after an auction of their cars and equipment was postponed to allow talks with a potential new investor. The 2014 cars, spares and race equipment had been due to go on sale on Wednesday but administrators FRP Advisory said it had been “halted to allow for discussions to continue with a third party". Ex-team principle John Booth says talks are "at a fairly advanced stage with a new investor, and a credible investor."

Good news... http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/01/19/marussia-may-be-saved-as-potential-investor-emerges/

With the first preseason testing event in Jerez is less than two weeks away and it has been announced that Force India will not be testing in Jerez. Auto Motor und Sport reported that the new Mercedes-powered VJM08 will not actually be up-and-running when the other eight teams kick off the official winter test period at Jerez on 1 February. Force India is still going to reveal their livery next Wednesday in Mexico City. As well, Toro Rosso will launch its new car at Jerez on the day before the test, with Williams to either follow suit or simply pull off the wraps before the action begins on 1 February. Auto Motor and Sport also stated that said Sauber, Lotus and Red Bull will also simply reveal their respective 2015 cars to the world’s press with low-key pitlane launches at Jerez.

I myself like the car unveilings at the opening testing because you get to see them on track and it isn't all pomp and circumstance. Bring on Jerez!

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/01/20/force-india-will-not-test-2015-car-at-jerez/

And finally the FIA has released all Grand Prix practice, qualifying and race times. Set your calendars now :)

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/01/20/2015-grand-prix-practice-qualifying-and-race-times/

So we'll have are first Livery debut in F1 tomorrow when Force India will show off their car in Mexico.

http://planetf1.com/driver/18227/9653494/Force-India-launch-set-for-Wednesday

Along with this news...

McLaren will be the second team to unveil their car, although their launch only takes place on January 29.

Ferrari will follow suit a day later, while Mercedes will unveil their car on February 1, when pre-season testing starts at Jerez. So will Mercedes

It also looks like McLaren will be going red & white again!

Then Roman Grosjean from Lotus had something to say...

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/01/20/grosjean-hints-at-colour-change-for-2015-lotus/

Lotus could be a third Formula 1 team set to make a major livery change for the 2015 world championship season.

It has already emerged that reigning champions Mercedes could switch from silver to chrome this year, taking over from McLaren whose new partnership with Honda could see the move to predominantly white colours.

And when asked on Twitter to talk about the new Mercedes-powered E23, Lotus driver Romain Grosjean answered: “I can’t even reveal the colour yet!”

It is already rumoured that Lotus’ conditional place on the 2015 entry list could be because the Enstone team is preparing a fundamental name change.

Lotus has said the E23 has passed its mandatory FIA crash tests, and the switch from Renault to Mercedes power could ensure a more competitive 2015.

“Yes, but it’s not just about the engine,” Grosjean insisted. “It’s everything.”

Last but not least...

Williams...

2899ymu.jpg

Courtesy of Racer Magazine

EDIT: Gooner beat me to it with Williams...

baltimoreravens.png

Force India Livery as previously mentioned.

1421854852.jpg

Just sums up the corporate nature of F1 down to a tee. The team's sponsors wanting a livery release to get their logo on display and not miss out on a marketing opportunity.

The 2015 car VJM08 will make its debut at the 2nd pre season test at Barcelona.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Agreed it's a marketing opportunity for sponsors, but without the money F1 would probably not be as huge as it is. I don't mind the sponsors, I just hate pay-to-drive drivers. The talented people get overlooked by people who have deep pockets (Maldonado to name one) and in the end the sport pays for the lack of quality.

An expansion to the Williams FW39 reveal in F1 Racing magazine, Williams claimed a first by revealing their 2015 car before any of their Formula 1 rivals had taken the wraps off theirs. Hopefully there will be many more firsts this year for the team.

FW37_3-001.jpg

FW37_1.jpg

In other news, a CAD rendering of what the McLaren car may look like has appeared on the internet, supposedly depicting the new livery which is predominantly white and red with black trimmings. Can this be the new look? Unfortunately, it is missing CNN sponsorship on the livery as the team and media mogul entered recently.

McLaren-MP4-30.jpg

I have a question with respect to Force India, who does everyone think is the better driver: Sergio Perez or Nico Hulkenberg? I think this might be the year that Nico will actually stand on the podium once or twice. With Hulkenberg competing in 77 GPs: he has zero podiums, one pole, and 232 championship points. He has the experience and the technical ability, it has been a problem with having a dependable and reliable car around him. But with Mercedes being the more dominant engine in F1 at the moment, Nico showed glimpses of brilliance last year and I think it will continue for him in 2015.

0.jpg

Now if that livery is anything like that for McLaren.... I found my new favorite new livery. That is beautiful. Williams doesn't fix what is broken so that is good. Now, I'd never thought I would say this, but Force India has a pretty good livery. Although I keep thinking, Mercedes B team with the silver on it. When it comes to the better driver, sure, Checo is good but Hulkenberg has been consistent. Most races, I've seen him in the top 10 but hasn't won a race yet. Perez has been on podium but I just don't know yet.

baltimoreravens.png

Now if that livery is anything like that for McLaren.... I found my new favorite new livery. That is beautiful. Williams doesn't fix what is broken so that is good. Now, I'd never thought I would say this, but Force India has a pretty good livery. Although I keep thinking, Mercedes B team with the silver on it. When it comes to the better driver, sure, Checo is good but Hulkenberg has been consistent. Most races, I've seen him in the top 10 but hasn't won a race yet. Perez has been on podium but I just don't know yet.

I really like the McLaren livery if it is going to come to fruition...Still waiting to see if Mercedes W06 will be all chrome like the rumor is going around the internet.

1. Agreed it's a marketing opportunity for sponsors, but without the money F1 would probably not be as huge as it is. I don't mind the sponsors, I just hate pay-to-drive drivers. The talented people get overlooked by people who have deep pockets (Maldonado to name one) and in the end the sport pays for the lack of quality.

2. I have a question with respect to Force India, who does everyone think is the better driver: Sergio Perez or Nico Hulkenberg?

1. The money in F1 and pay drivers go hand in hand IMO. Is the sport any bigger/better (popularity) now than it was during the Senna v Prost or Hunt v Lauda eras for example? There's certainly a lot more money in the sport for the top teams and the TV viewing experience is massively better. The increase in the sports global popularity is no doubt down to expanding into the asian market. However the US still kind of eludes them and I would say F1 is no more popular in the UK now that at any point during my lifetime (born 1990).

The sport exists successfully despite all of these money issues (for the smaller teams) and Uncle Bernie led corruptions rather than because of them in my eyes.

2. I think Hulkenberg is more of a race manager and Perez is more of a standard "racer" if that makes sense. Kind of how Button is a race manager and Alonso is a "racer". Saying that, I think Hulkenberg is a better manager than Perez is a racer. Perez's overtaking ability and pace is not enough to outweigh the already mentioned consistency of Hulkenberg.

Again, as mentioned, I think a lot will depend on the car they are given. Last season they were on the fringe at times but with some minor improvement you could realistically see both challenging for podiums on the odd occasion for Force India. I think a lot will depend on the progress of McLaren, Red Bull and Ferrari. Hopefully Force India still have enough about them in 2015 to be competing with those teams again rather than dropping down the pack.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Apparently, the new Nissan LMP1 car has been leaked!

zfgyylqtukm6ojsksm1w.jpg

It is obviously has the engine toward the front and apparently has larger front wheels than the rear, meaning the combustion engine might power the front wheels.

Also, Lamborghini unveiled its Huracán GT3 car. It looks like the GT3 class is getting stronger and stronger.

What are your thoughts?

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

It's kind of refreshing to see Nissan go front engine. I like the look so far, but I want to see the livery on it before hand. I think its a good start though.

Meanwhile, This is what Ferrari's F1 machine could look like...

33c41l3.jpg

http://www.automoto.it/formula1/f1-ferrari-ecco-come-cambier-la-monoposto-2015.html

EDIT: 24 hours of Daytona begins tomorrow!!!

baltimoreravens.png

It's kind of refreshing to see Nissan go front engine. I like the look so far, but I want to see the livery on it before hand. I think its a good start though.

Meanwhile, This is what Ferrari's F1 machine could look like...

33c41l3.jpg

http://www.automoto.it/formula1/f1-ferrari-ecco-come-cambier-la-monoposto-2015.html

EDIT: 24 hours of Daytona begins tomorrow!!!

No real big changes to the Ferrari car other than the expected change to the nose (with FIA regulations changing in that department). The iconic red and white car is still looking good. Can't wait to see Vettel in the red coveralls though.

As for the 24 hrs of Daytona and endurance racing, wake me up when practice/qualifying start for Le Mans :P

Well, Ganassi does it again in DP, the Corvette crew win GTLM in Daytona, GT is won by the Viper & PC is won by Kimber-Smith after the lead car wrecked near the end. There was some great racing involved. Although I bet the boys in Porsche factory team weren't too happy with each other.

Next up is another classic, the 12 hours of Sebring! Welcome to the start of racing season!!!

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping because Lotus revealed there new machine...

258516.jpg

I'm impressed... They took the ugliest car from last year & actually made it decent looking.

That Lotus E23 Hybrid is a definite improvement from 2014, especially with the nose. But rumors are that what we see here is not going to be identical what's going to be on track in Jerez or Barcelona pre-season testing. Aero package will change, changing to the basic look of it. At least that is what Grosjean has said in an interview.

In other news, the 2015 car from Ferrari will be named the SF15-T where "S" stands for Scuderia and "T" for turbo. Here's hoping there is a definitel improvement for the red machine in 2015.

Talking about car reveals and testing dates, here is the breakdown:

Car launches / roll-outs

Team/Car Date Venue

McLaren MP4-30 January 29 Online

Ferrari SF15-T January 30 Online

Toro Rosso STR10 January 31 Jerez, Spain

Mercedes F1 W06 Hybrid February 1 Jerez, Spain

Force India VJM08 February 19 Barcelona, Spain

Sauber C34 TBA TBA

Red Bull RB11 TBA TBA

Williams FW37 TBA TBA

Lotus E23 Hybrid TBA TBA

Pre-season testing

Venue Provisional dates

Jerez, Spain February 1-4

Barcelona, Spain February 19-22

Barcelona, Spain February 26-March 1

The expected driver's lineup was released for the first pre-season test in Jerez 1-4 February.

Day One

• Mercedes: Nico Rosberg
  • McLaren: Fernando Alonso
  • Toro Rosso: Carlos Sainz
  • Sauber: Marcus Ericsson

Day Two

• Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton
  • McLaren: Jenson Button
  • Toro Rosso: Max Verstappen
  • Sauber: Felipe Nasr

Day Three

• Mercedes: Nico Rosberg
  • McLaren: Fernando Alonso
  • Toro Rosso: Carlos Sainz
  • Sauber: Felipe Nasr

Day Four

• Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton
  • McLaren: Jenson Button
  • Toro Rosso: Max Verstappen
  • Sauber: Marcus Ericsson

In other news, Haas F1 has purchased Marussia's factory in Banbury from the team administrators. Marussia has also renamed itself Manor due to the departure Russian owner Andrey Cheglakov.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/01/27/team-haas-confirm-purchase-of-marussia-factory/

So, since Force India is missing Jerez, something must be wrong...

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/force-india-facing-uncertain-future-report

The Silverstone based team announced on Wednesday that it is sitting out the first test of the 2015 pre-season at Jerez.

The reasons for the decision have not been well explained, but technical boss Andrew Green has said it was a "conscious decision" to trade the test for more "development time" - which is a reasonable claim given that its new car isn't ready.

Bach reports that at the F1 strategy group meeting in London on Tuesday, it emerged that Force India is "facing financial collapse" and is currently insolvent.

The situation means the 2015 car is delayed "because important parts suppliers have not been paid".

Bach added: "If no money flows in the next four weeks, it is said even the opening two races in Australia and Malaysia are endangered."

"The team is for sale," he claimed, "and Renault is interested as it wants to cut the cord to Red Bull and once again have a bigger presence in Formula One."

baltimoreravens.png

So, since Force India is missing Jerez, something must be wrong...

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/force-india-facing-uncertain-future-report

The Silverstone based team announced on Wednesday that it is sitting out the first test of the 2015 pre-season at Jerez.

The reasons for the decision have not been well explained, but technical boss Andrew Green has said it was a "conscious decision" to trade the test for more "development time" - which is a reasonable claim given that its new car isn't ready.

Bach reports that at the F1 strategy group meeting in London on Tuesday, it emerged that Force India is "facing financial collapse" and is currently insolvent.

The situation means the 2015 car is delayed "because important parts suppliers have not been paid".

Bach added: "If no money flows in the next four weeks, it is said even the opening two races in Australia and Malaysia are endangered."

"The team is for sale," he claimed, "and Renault is interested as it wants to cut the cord to Red Bull and once again have a bigger presence in Formula One."

And so begins the financial merry go-round of the smaller F1 teams. I thought for sure Force India was going to be safe. I know Mallya was speaking of possible team insolvency when Caterham and Marussia were going through their troubles, but I didn't think it was that dire there.

But with Renault possibly coming back as a full constructor in the paddock (what was before Lotus), that opens the door to who will supply engines to RBR. Could they go with Mercedes or maybe even jump to Honda.

On other news, Bach also claimed that Pastor Maldonado's place at Lotus is in doubt, as his and the Enstone team's major Venezuelan backer, the state-owned PDVSA, is in crisis over the dramatic fall in oil prices. Maybe the pay-to-drive :censored:e driver Maldonado will finally be leaving....

McLaren unveiled their 2015 car, MP4-30 Honda Hybrid, today. The car has elements of classic McLaren red on the livery but mostly it is black and silver again. I still like the new Lotus livery more than McLaren's.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117497

a1713303ba910ddfd5b88f27f4c6a4651.jpg

Mercedes AMG Petronas today completed a first day of running with its 2015 specification Formula One car during a Promotional Event at Silverstone. The Mercedes W06 Hybrid, powered by the Mercedes PU106B Hybrid Power Unit, was driven first by Nico then Lewis took it for a spin. The team could only put together a combined total of 14 laps completed due to s blizzard rolling in through Silverstone. The big changes in the W06 to the W05 is the new nose (to comply with new regulations) and different aerodynamic sculpting on the lower suspension and pods. Looks good but no chrome livery as originally rumored.

15.01.29.Filming.Day_.Release.IMG_.3-750

15.01.29.Filming.Day_.Release.IMG_.6-001

In other paddock news, the Red Bull Racing RB11 has yet to pass the mandatory FIA crash tests. In a statement by Omnicorse stating "For Red Bull to unveil the car on the first morning of the first test at Jerez on Sunday, they will try to pass the FIA tests at the Cranfield Impact Centre on Thursday, leaving just two clear days until the RB11’s Jerez debut." Not much time for wiggle room...

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/01/29/red-bull-rb11-has-yet-to-pass-fia-crash-tests/

Archived