MLB by Nike (Marlins Up)

bucknut42

Everybody knows the news that Under Armor will be taking over the MLB jerseys in 2019, but I had the idea to think of a world in which Nike was running the MLB. This is that world; vibrant, creative, and very unique. Some of these designs will be off the wall, while others will put a modern, yet classic twist on timeless jerseys. This is my first major project, and I fully intend to complete this to the very end, so constant C&C will be very helpful and appreciated. 

I have no particular order for which I will be unveiling these teams, basically whatever comes to mind for me, or if you'd like, you can request a team and I'll see about getting to it! 

First up we have the Miami Marlins. What I've done here is tried to create a blend of the old logo set and the new one. I boiled it down to just three colors, black, orange, and light blue. Occasionally I will use gray as an outline or accent color, but those are the main three. So without further ado, here is the first set of logos for MLB by Nike.

596009a457126_MarlinsLogoSheet.thumb.png.a6acb4464a51fb7d9a3c45d195abd0e2.png

Thanks for looking and C&C is greatly appreciated.

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

More blue!

Can I get a suggestion as to how to include more blue? I'm not sure of where I can add it into the logo set, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

14 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Very interesting. Will you be doing uniforms as well, or just logos & wordmarks?

There are uniforms on the way as well. Also, not all teams will get hefty logo upgrades, some may not get touched at all and others may get small tweaks, while others may get totally new designs. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, bucknut42 said:

Can I get a suggestion as to how to include more blue? I'm not sure of where I can add it into the logo set, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you wanted to include more blue, I would flip the orange and blue on the marlin logo. 

Alright here is an updated version of the logo set, with the blue and orange on the marlin flipped in order to obtain more blue. Looks great, IMO. Thanks @coco1997 for the suggestion. Not sure why the outline on the word mark went so fat, because it looks totally fine on the page until I save it as a .png, so disregard that. It should look like the one in the previous post. Also, if anybody has suggestions for what team to do next, hit me with em! I need some teams to work on.

59601d65da0fd_MarlinsLogoSheet.thumb.png.a94cc582ab089b91e76f449577a9316c.png

spacer.png

8 hours ago, bucknut42 said:

Alright here is an updated version of the logo set, with the blue and orange on the marlin flipped in order to obtain more blue. Looks great, IMO. Thanks @coco1997 for the suggestion. Not sure why the outline on the word mark went so fat, because it looks totally fine on the page until I save it as a .png, so disregard that. It should look like the one in the previous post. Also, if anybody has suggestions for what team to do next, hit me with em! I need some teams to work on.

59601d65da0fd_MarlinsLogoSheet.thumb.png.a94cc582ab089b91e76f449577a9316c.png

Yep, that does look much better. On a real marlin the upper half of its body tends to be blue, so this is technically more accurate. 

As for the next team, can we see the White Sox?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived