Miami Pro Combat

andrewharrington

fb45guide.JPG

The inspiration here are old-style uniforms with sewn felt patches, rear stripes and leather helmets. I'm of the mindset that you can take really traditional design inspiration and turn it into something that is wildly unique, even by today's standards. The stripes are meant to evoke the 'blocked-off' look those old uniforms had, and obviously we've been through the half and half approach with Miami, but this takes it to another level. I would envision the white version to have the number split vertically down the center, or each number would be a different color if it was two-digit. I think this would work with no logo on the helmet, because the helmet makes such a statement, but I think a small block M or UM monogram would do the trick (different color on each side, of course, or maybe an orange U on the right side and a green M on the left). Right Click > View Image to see in full.

procombat_miami.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You wasn't lying about taking the split-thing to another level.

I like it. A lot. I think it might be better to pull one stripe off each side of the helmet, just to keep the two-stripe motif going throughout...but I can see why you did what you did. Good stuff, 'Drew.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff.馃榿

|| dribbble || Behance||

I originally had it that way, but it was before I did the pants like this, and the helmet just didn't have that old-tyme look I was hoping for with just the two stripes. Out of that internal argument I ended up with this crazy, vintage looking getup. Really old designs are some of the most exciting designs I've ever seen, without being 'over-designed' like many of today's uniforms are. I mean, how sweet is this:

ncaanc1929opt1pics.jpg

Gets me thinking, maybe the stripes on the undersleeves and socks could go vertical, too, but I like how they break up the verticality of the lines on the helmet and pants

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

im afraid all the way may be way too much. i love asymmetrical design and doing things that are different but im not feeling this one at all. my main concern would be that it may look like 3 different teams are on the field. i love the stripes on the pants and even the socks, but the jersey is too much for me

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE 聽/ 聽MEDIUM聽 / 聽DRIBBBLE

im afraid all the way may be way too much. i love asymmetrical design and doing things that are different but im not feeling this one at all. my main concern would be that it may look like 3 different teams are on the field. i love the stripes on the pants and even the socks, but the jersey is too much for me

If it works in soccer, it will work in football.

Archived