Stencil Art.

Spammy

Hey all, I have recently been getting into stencil art, and have been thinking about trying to make my own. Here is my first attempt, C+C please. Also please feel free to post yours as well!

Original image:

48888.jpg?v=1

my attempt:

image10.png

Stencil art is really neat, and I think you've got a good start here. But you really need to scale down the image. Only like, a third of it fits on my screen at once and for people to get a good idea of what you have there, you should make it smaller.

EDIT: I see you have scaled it down and linked it as I posted this.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Part of the idea of stencil art is that you should still be able to recognize what's going on, just with minimal definition.

Your figure, while clean, doesn't look like a person with a flag throwing a projectile. It looks more like it's a duck head on a human body, with its fist in the air.

I understand it's the ballcap with emblem, but you need a bit more detail in some of the missing areas I just mentioned.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Don't just use Livetrace (im assuming). It doesn't do a good job on high quality photos, or really detailed photos. Go in with the and actually work out the image.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Here are two examples that I did a year or so ago. These are the actual photos...the original files a tad on the large side.

What I do and probably your best bet is doing a combo of photoshop and then aesthetic making changes once you've printed it out.

The Robocop is approx. 34 x 44, so since my stencils are usually large (use a plotter printer), I make those aesthetic changes when I'm cutting.

Looking at you're image...you are off to a nice start, but it needs more detail as the image is somewhat unrecognizable. Also, assuming the white in the image is you're surface and anything black would be the stencil cut-out, you cannot have any free-floating white elements within black...they need to be anchored to the main white component...hopefully that makes sense,

600_f5425556a280c635859aa88583fc0a1d.JPG

600_833dd546485dbc5cd282622131bf0cca.JPG

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived