Missouri River Otters Valetine's Day Jersey 2006

STL FANATIC

Here's the link to the story.

http://riverotters.hostirian.com/news_dtl....QnArticleID=357

And here's this year's jersey.

rovalentine.jpg

This was last years jersey.

otters.jpg

This years jersey isn't bad. Pretty conservative. If you didn't know their colors, only the small hearts on the shoulders tell you its Valentine's day.

Despite last years being quite in your face, I think I liked it better just because it's supposed to be a fun one time jersey, and last years was more fun.

Good Stuff - first time I've seen valentine's unis - I always see St Pats & Xmas but this is kinda cool. However, I can't wear pink - no way.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I remember when the IHL used to exist, the Indy Ice wore valentine's jerseys one year (highlights from this game even made sportscenter)...hearts all over, and a big ol' heart on the back, under the number.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

A couple of teams are doing something for Valentine's Day in the U-Haul (kind of an affectionate term I have for the league...also kinda true b/c teams tend to up and move on a whim, but that's a topic for another day :lol: )

The Adirondack Frostbite are doing something for the 14th....dunno if there'll be a special jersey or not (as in, the Bite haven't announced anything yet)

And of course you have the Kalamazoo Wings...they have kind of an annual tradition that whenever a major holiday comes up, the ice at Wings Stadium changes color....

They have dyed the ice...

Orange for Halloween

Green for St. Patty's Day (the ice looks like Astroturf...I kid you not :lol: )

and...

Pink for Valentine's Day

In the past, they've used pink pucks on Valentine's Day as well :wacko:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Went to the game tonight and let me tell you, compared to the sublimated monstrosities from previous auctions that I saw in the crowd, these sweaters were uniform nirvana.

Black trim on the arms and body was sewn on as were the 2 layer tackle twill letters that spelled out "Otters." Heck, this sweater was better than their regular ones. Kicking myself for not picking one up.

Great job River Otters.

I take lame to a new level.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived