Houston Rockets Logo Concept (Uniforms added 8-31)

Funkatron101

Edit: Changed the opacity to show the true colors a little more.

rockets2-wallpaper_zpsd8c51380.jpg

Home Set (Credit to Scott Springer and gingerbreadmann for the templates)

rockets-jersey-home_zpsc64daff0.png

Another example of concept art being 100% better than real life jerseys..these are incredible. Side rocket engine flames are quite creative
shado_logo.gif

Pareidolia can be a pain in the neck to work around. Our brains are wired to look for faces. I think if you moved the "eye" seams further out, so that the inside edges are flush with the vertical seams, it might fix it.

This concept is utterly brilliant, by the way.

rATMcmK.png

Pareidolia can be a pain in the neck to work around. Our brains are wired to look for faces. I think if you moved the "eye" seams further out, so that the inside edges are flush with the vertical seams, it might fix it.

This concept is utterly brilliant, by the way.

Yeah. At first I thought the "face" was a bit of a stretch, but It was mentioned a few times by other people that it was hard for me to not focus on it. I'm a bit conflicted at this point as to what to use going forward. I actually tried your idea (if I understand it right) as I had the same thought. Unfortunately I thought it accentuated the "eyes" more.

A
ScreenShot2014-08-28at103101AM_zps61ce44

or B
rockets-r2_zpsf64168cd.jpg

Depending on what I go with changes the design of the uniforms a bit.

I think A has a bit more of a futuristic feel, and the rocket makes for a great shorts side panel, but to me it is more like a face.

B makes enough slight adjustments that it looks less like a face. The rocket is a little more of a traditional rocket, but the shorts side panel will not be the same.

Archived