pitt6pack

We all know how bad the new templated Super Bowl logos have been, and with Super Bowl 50 the template was so bad that it couldn't support the roman numeral L.

I took a stab at bringing back the 'L', and after many tries and different organizations of the text and the numeral this is the best of what I came up with.

50-alt6_zpsef732ede.png

The gold is an obvious choice for the featured color here, since the game is the San Francisco area, and because this is the Super Bowl's 50th anniversary. I incorporated a few ideas from past Super Bowls. The the text, numeral and NFL logo have the same outlining style as the Super Bowl XVI logo. The background with the vertical lines was seen in a multitude of places at Ford Field for Super Bowl XL. The silver comes from that as well, and it is a good contrast with gold since it is the color of the trophy. I borrowed the basics of the actual Super Bowl 50 logo by using the same colors, a gold gradient and by sublimating a San Francisco landmark.

Let me know what you guys think, and C&C is appreciated!

I like what you tried to do here. Super hard to come up with a logo for Super Bowl L.

All I could think of is the bottom half of the NFL shield with the L from the shield at its usual side, and "Super Bowl" off to the other side.

Yeah, the 'L' is a challenge because it is an awkward shape and just a singe numeral for this logo. I made the 'L' really thick and short to make it a bit more compact and easier to work with.

I figured I'd post my other ideas as well, but ultimately I think the one in the first post is the best.

This one I used the horizontal bar pattern and tried to get "Super Bowl" over the 'L'. I don't think the text over the numeral worked too well though.

50-alt3_zpsad62f39f.png

This logo is more of a wordmark, like seen in Super Bowl's like II and XI

50-alt4_zps50e89ed1.png

This one is about the same as the original post, but without the NFL logo. This was my third attempt, and for my final logo I felt I needed to fill in the space next to the 'L' with something so I went with the NFL shield.

50-alt5_zps64d03421.png

And this last one is the same as the first post on a white background

50-alt7_zps1ba309a6.png

Archived