Best article on the Halfax WHA team...

habsfannova

That's a very well-written article - makes me wonder whether Brian in Boston is moonlighting for TSN.

There are excellent points in this report, ones which point out the fallacy and folly of the WHA. This is a league that has been nearly two years in the making and yet on the eve (relatively speaking) of their intended debut, they are nowhere near ready to field any kind of competitive product. To me this establishes very clearly that there is simply insufficient interest in establishing any type of major professional hockey that isn't going to be somehow supported even tangentially by the NHL. Anyone who thinks the looming spectre of the WHA is going to somehow goad the NHL and the NHLPA to get a deal done lest there be a massive player exodus is simply deluding themselves.

Hockey fans of North America, brace yourselves for no major league pucks this fall and please, please, please support your nearest minor league team, whatever level it may be. Don't let the NHL's impending hiatus keep you away from the game!

Not usually a huge fan of Walling's writing, but he's bang on with this article.

The WHA is doomed to failure, and is tarnishing the reputation of the original WHA, which actually made some waves (similar to the way the new ABA is tarnishing the reputation of the old ABA).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I love going to Junior games...I go to about 15 Moosehead games a year (And of course, every one against Cape Breton, wearing my Eagles jersey :D)

Of course, I'll have to see one game if it gets on the ice, just to see if it's any good.

It's all just proof that the retro thing has gone way too far.

And I love the little claims they're making. "We claim Glen Murray!" "We're drafting Sidney Crosby!" It's all just a real-life fantasy league.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

And I love the little claims they're making. "We claim Glen Murray!" "We're drafting Sidney Crosby!" It's all just a real-life fantasy league.

Except we're more organized and professional.

Except we're more organized and professional.

And with better logos and color palettes.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The WHA is doomed to failure, and is tarnishing the reputation of the original WHA

Tarnishing the original WHA's reputation? WOW that's tough to do!!!!!!!!!!!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived