It All Started With the Teal

CC97

Puckguy14's debut column on SportsLogos.Net has just been posted, examining the influenence the San Jose Sharks had on the world of sports logos after they were introduced in 1991.

2004-07-12: Erik Kuhre - It All Started With The Teal

Discuss!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Although he may have been absolutely awful for the actual game, one thing B*ttm*n has brought to the commisioners job in the NHL is an understanding of the importance of the off-rink activities. One of the reasons Manchester United are so stinkingly rich is that they sell merhcandise on a huge scale. Bettman realised this and nknew if hockey was gonna emulate that kind ofsuccess he needed to bring in new teams and new locations AND new cooler colors!

I have to say that for a time the Sharks, and to a lesser extent the Mighty Ducks ewre about the only NHL teams to have any merchandise for sale in the UK. Now no-one does!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

great article! From the title, I thought you were gonna talk about the color teal becoming a fad and spreading like wild fire. It was like N'Sync. Everyone around you loved it, but you couldn't wait for it to die. And then it went away without any fanfare, but you realized one day...there isn't teal (or N'Sync) anymore! Glorious!

I agree with the above post. It was a well-written piece and very enjoyable, but the heading was a bit deceptive. I thought it was going to be more about the spreading use of teal, but the column itself shows the Sharks marketing skill based off of the teal leading towards the NHL's overall image push of the '90s which spurred 3rd and vintage jerseys, anything marketable to make $$$$.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived