Jack Ferreira discusses Ducks, Sharks, North Stars uniforms

oddball

I can't believe nobody has replied to this. Anyways, hearing that the Sharks were considering Royal Blue and Green was mindblowing. I did not expect that. It's a damn shame that no San Jose Sharks Prototype Jerseys from 1991 have surfaced. I'd love to see what the blue and green proposal looked like. As for the Ducks, green and gold!? Now that prototype is one that I would definitely like to see too. As for the North Stars, I assume the black jersey Jack Ferreira was talking about is the one that's a black version of their late 80's white jersey.

So it looks like the Sharks could've looked more like the old Oakland Seals than we were led to believe, if this story is right. Tie-down collar, blue/green colors...I just wonder with the color scheme if there would've been any "Whalers of the West" comparisons...might have made for an interesting matchup on the ice.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Regarding the Black North Stars jersey, at first I assumed he was talking about the one nixed after making the finals in 1981. But googling Ferreria, it looks like was not involved with the team and this must have occurred in the late 80s. Interesting. I would love to see that jersey but I am guessing it's not out there or someone here would have found it by now. I am glad he did not pull this "division jersey" off...better yet, I am particularly glad he did not dump the green. The last green North Stars jersey was very nice.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived