Packid's MLB Concept Series (ATHLETICS posted!)

Packid

• 3 months later...

OK, so it's been quite awhile since I last updated this topic.  I've actually got a lot of concepts ready to post.  In addition, I've got updates for every single concept I've posted thus far (most changes will be fairly unexciting, just minor color tweaks).

I understand the opinions on the "TC" logo.  I honestly don't think it's that bad.  However, I believe that the underlined "M" makes for a much more cohesive set.

I'm still toying with ways to add orange to the Marlins since it seems like a lot of people want that.  I haven't found a good, unique solution yet, though.  For now I'm unhappy with the road concept.  The problem is that the teal simply does not stand out very well against the gray, so I'd like to emphasize black a little more.  Here are a few proposals (the first one is pretty much the original from earlier in the thread):
MoHlkXQ.png

iRlmUbD.png

gppjYC2.png

49ncYha.png

I'd appreciate any thoughts on the above designs.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, RCMacc.

I'd still like a few more comments before I make a decision as to the Marlins.

For now, here are the promised updates for some of the previously-posted teams.  Since there are so many images, I'll put them in spoilers.

WASHINGTON NATIONALS

Spoiler

The patch changes to the "DC" roundel. It's rarely a good idea to use the primary logo as a patch when there's a solid alternative available.  The road uniform also changes to primarily red.  I still think the blue works well, but looking at the rest of my designs for this series, it appears there will be a shortage of red on the road if I don't make this edit.  Since the navy is de-emphasized, the second alternate jersey is gone altogether.

WAS_HOME_zpsw5zfdvcr.png

WAS_ROAD_zpsjy8mlkpg.png

WAS_ALT_zpsa2p61670.png

WAS_BP_zpstrf3a3py.png

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

Spoiler

Pretty much just color tweaks.  The throwback alternate is gone.

SFG_HOME_zpsylcqbtyl.png

SFG_ROAD_zpsznfcz6sv.png

SFG_ALT_zpsrgvumbyg.png

SFG_BP_zpsfqle4iz2.png

SAN DIEGO PADRES

Spoiler

It's obvious that most people want uniform lettering, so I'll oblige.  I also forgot to mention that the Taco Bell hat isn't just for the brown jersey - I meant for it to be worn on Sundays, regardless of the uniform.

SDP_HOME_zps3bhww997.png

SDP_HOME_B_zps74cefji1.png

SDP_ROAD_zpscbsqbrqa.png

SDP_ROAD_B_zpsg6fl1dhw.png

SDP_ALT_zps2dbm9fag.png

SDP_ALT_B_zpsxsx4rrxs.png

SDP_BP_zps5e2nicri.png

MINNESOTA TWINS

Spoiler

Color updates!  I know, not horribly exciting.  However, I want all of my concepts to reflect the Pantone system, soooo...

MIN_HOME_zpsxqqfsncz.png

MIN_ROAD_zpsznjlwwjy.png

MIN_ALT_zpsrkctfnf9.png

MIN_BP_zpsbldifwfl.png

As always, thanks for looking!  I'll post the A's sometime over the next couple days.

New stuff! BTW, there is a new uniform in the previous post for the Washington Nationals and a major tweak for the Padres - not strictly color updates.

OAKLAND ATHLETICS

The A's were pretty close to perfection in 2011-2013, so this concept is a tweak of their uniforms in those years.  The elephant sleeve patch - which is great - has been changed a little bit; it now uses the current rendering of the "A's" logo and also has a gold outline to better match the rest of the jersey design.  My biggest edit is the addition of a new cap, which you can see on the second alternate.  Gold hats would be new for the team, but gold headwear would not be.  I think it's a nice option to match the color of the jerseyand would look especially nice during a sunny afternoon in Oakland.  The team retains its traditional white shoes at home, but they are now green on the road.  Frankly, I think the white makes for an odd contrast with the gray during away games.
OAK_HOME_zpsx5sklqza.png

OAK_ROAD_zpsddbczdlx.png

OAK_ALT_A_H_zpsx9sg5v2x.png

OAK_ALT_A_R_zpsp3snz5yi.png

OAK_ALT_B_zpste6ofzrd.png

OAK_BP_zpseiyjvonn.png

Overall the A's look good, just the shoes feel like they need color, white doesn't really work in my option.  The green elephant patch also doesn't stand out enough on the green jerseys (maybe try yellow on those).  Otherwise the use of the Athletics script works well and the jersey feels overall well made. Glad to see this thread come back, not a bad concept here.  Keep it up.

29uxdh0.png

Archived