Complex Mesh

the_cynic

I pulled this mesh off of the AT&T logo. Can anyone tell me how complicated it is to create a mesh like this one? You will need Illustrator 8.0 or higher to open this file.

AT&T Mesh

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Sorry, it's fixed!

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

From what I know of the AT&T logo, do you even need the mesh? Can't you just do a radial blend and off-center it to the left so you can have the darker edge on the right? I'm pretty sure you can adjust the sliders on the gradient palette so the change from blue to dark blue/black is almost immediate. I don't even think there's any white in the logo...it's simulated within the negative space of the blue bands.

att.103x49.header.gif

If you are trying to do a blend similar to this, it may make it easier to fake the white areas like they did with their logo. Otherwise, I don't have any other advice...I haven't played around with the gradient mesh tool enough to give you any answers.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

No, I asked because I really do need a mesh that's like that. I'm sure there's ways to get around it but I don't want to take those shortcuts all the time. I think it's better to just learn the tool itself.

Retired Number's To Come

It's just too bad Illustrator can't convert gradients from Flash to Meshes within Illustrator.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived