World Series logo concept

BDD

Hi Guys. Big Mets fan, so obviously pumped right about now. I've been going out and buying all the merchandise I can find. One thing that irks me is this year's logo. Something about it screams Super Bowl. May be the Commissioner's Trophy looking suspiciously like the Lombardi. Maybe someone at FOX got free reign this year. Anyway, always been a fan of the logos of the late 80's-90's. Even as a Mets fan, watching the Yankees dominate this era, the logo always seemed classy to me.

For mine, I've incorporated elements from the two revisions of that logo, with a slight retro spin on things. I know this is kinds rough, but wanted to show it here. Perhaps it's a bit too plain for today's MLB, but I think sooner or later, they'll fauxback the World Series logo, given the popularity of 90's merchandise.

Let me know what you think.

27x4iz7.png

This is a cool logo, but I don't like the green at all. Make it MLB colors. Also not sure if it would fit in now, and I don't have a problem with the current. I would just stick with the modern look, but nice work. Maybe use this in a concept in the 90's.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Congrats for your Mets on making to their first Fall Classic in 15 years,you don't know the pain to be a Cubs fan. :rolleyes:

As for the concept,looks meh.I hate the trophy in the logo,but the design looks the same.I would prefer a different font and different colors.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

I actually like this logo. That being said, there are a few things you need to fix.

1. I agree with jrcollis. This should be in MLB colors.

2. The font you used looks sorta disjointed.

3. The placement of the "2015" is too high on the diamond.

Archived