This board's 500th L A Rams concept (keeping the navy)

oldschoolvikings

I applaud anyone who attempts to maintain BOTH the navy and royal as it creates an interesting look, but from a distance those colors will just bleed together.  You need either some kind of visual separation (navy and royal don't ever touch, broken up by gold, white, etc) - OR - you'd need to get the shade of royal even brighter/lighter to provide enough contrast against the navy.  The only problem there, is that you're then basically doing a powder blue/navy mix which is essentially the Titans' look.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

3 hours ago, pianoknight said:

I applaud anyone who attempts to maintain BOTH the navy and royal as it creates an interesting look, but from a distance those colors will just bleed together.  You need either some kind of visual separation (navy and royal don't ever touch, broken up by gold, white, etc) - OR - you'd need to get the shade of royal even brighter/lighter to provide enough contrast against the navy.  The only problem there, is that you're then basically doing a powder blue/navy mix which is essentially the Titans' look.

Yeah, I'd probably agree, for the most part.  Honestly, if the Rams called me up and gave me full control, navy would go right out the window, and I'd bring back the 50's Crazy Legs gold jersey.  I just thought I'd give it a try, as I have a sneaking feeling using both royal and navy is something the Rams might try.  There is a precedence for it, with the current Bills uniform, where the navy and royal tends to border each other almost exclusively, and like you say, for the most part those two colors just bleed together.  I know I've had conversations with people who refuse to believe there is any navy trim on the Bills uniform.

What you're suggesting (separating the navy and royal with gold trim) is pretty much what the St' Louis Blues do with their current uniform, and basing a new LA Rams uniform on a look referencing another St. Louis franchise just seems cruel.    

Archived