Attention all artists!!!!!!!

HEY Everyone heres a chance to maybe get some big recognition. I Need a logo for my sisters company. The name is North Storm Media Productions and send all your entrys and you might have your artwork be on a Movie Production Company. (no payment though)

Guidelines:

No Animals

Storm as in Thunderstorms not snowstorm

Post your entrys or send them to synergy1067@penguins.org

THANKS

THIS IS YOUR BIG CHANCE

Recognition from whom? And how long will it take for this recognition to kick in? 10 years? 20 years? Without payment for services rendered, a logo is only as good as the company it represents. Basically, you will need to provide more incentive than just speculative "recognition." Not only will you secure more interest in your proposal, you may even get a better quality of logo design. Even Nike offered Carolyn Davidson $35 in 1971 to create the famed swoosh logo.

Actually...I kinda agree with him. The Manitoba Moose is different...it's an opportunity for your artwork to be featured on a jersey, merchaindise, etc of a professional sports team. I sure as heck would do it for free.

Not to speculate anything, but who's to say you're not getting paid to design a logo and posting here to get more, possibly better designs to claim as your own and turn in? You kinda have to look at this from both sides...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

If she has any confidence in your abilities, why doesn't she just get one from you?  You are a designer, right?  And what kind of production company is it that uses free email services instead of having their own domain?

If she is serious about a design for a business, try farming it out on elance.com.  A knowledgeable professional will take the industry she is in into consideration (as well as her own vision / ideas) when developing the logo, stationery, business cards, etc.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I've STFU about this most of the time, but this is outrageous. Samifumi is right. Don't patronize us by "offering" us a big chance to make you a free logo. What is the chance your sisters production company creates us a movie for us, exclusively, for free? Hell, I watch a lot of movies, think of it as her big chance. Hopefully Frank can lock and delete this thread before it gets even more nasty.

Archived