NFL rebrand

Jeffery

I've decided to go through all the NFL teams that need an overhaul. I've started with my favorite team, the Arizona Cardinals. While they sport some of the ugliest uniforms in the NFL, they have been most successful in these duds so in keeping the same color scheme. They have had a Cardinal head in profile as their logo since their St Louis days, so I'm keeping that relatively the same as well. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I already posted these elsewhere but I decided to make a new thread for this. I know almost every Cardinals concept puta the AZ flag somewhere on the sleeves, but that's because it's awesome, so you'll see it here. I think the late 90's was the best era for cards unis, so I tried to invoke that here. Tell me what you think!

Next up is the Patriots. I kept Flying Elvis because although everyone loves Pat the Patriot, the pats have one four Super Bowls under the former and a grand total of 0 under the latter. For this reason, I kept the uniforms relatively the same, with no drastic changes. My main goal was to get rid of the silver because I wanted to go back to the classic Pats look. Removing the silver from flying Elvis was easy, but know I'm forced with the task of his to differentiate the Texans and patriots color schemes without it. The red white and blue and Pat on the back give it the classic look while the matte helmet and the clean, border less numbers keep it modern.

image.png

image.png

image.png

11 hours ago, Weapon X said:

Why the change of templates and the backward nike checks?

The swoosh always faces forward on the sleeves so those are correct. They are flipped on the pants however. 

Midway.png

I found out my last template had no variation on the pants so I changed it. Thanks for the tip on the pants. I also gave the away jersey white pants on one of those. Any tips for getting a little more traffic/feedback?

Pretty good stuff for your first try!

I think you have some good ideas here, maybe just need a little more practice at execution which will come with time, no worries there.

For the Cardinals, the sleeves look great, the pants stripe is a little interesting to me, not bad but I feel like if you are going to use two colors on the pants you may want to try to use the secondary color for the jerseys as well. Maybe outline the numbers and wordmarks? The wordmark could probably be a little smaller too, not many NFL teams have a larger wordmark than numbers on the front of their jerseys. Still I really like the idea behind this concept, the AZ Cardinal head logo is interesting too, not bad at all.

I like the newer template, if you decide to make any updates for the Cardinals you should use the new template to do so since you can show the helmet on it better as well. I think the Patriots concept is very nice, very clean old school look that the Patriots could pull off very well. Only changes I would suggest for this are very minor nitpicks to help you out with your execution. The front number is off centered a little bit and the Nike logo should be reversed on the pants (which was already suggested). Also the back view of the pants on the away jersey are white while the other views are blue, you may have done this on purpose to show that could use either option but if you want one view that is just a heads up for you!

Overall, good ideas here just needs a little bit of clean up, but like I said before this is pretty good for your first attempt, keep at it!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived