Logolympiad C&C

Bruins

Was looking for some C&C on a couple Logolympiad entries, that I was pretty happy with, but didn't finish too well overall. Any help appreciated, thx

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Most importantly, you're happy with what you created. The medals are good motivation for entering the Logolympiad, but enhancing your skills and stretching your creativity are the best rewards for participating, no matter how you place in the voting.

This thread is a great place for you to explain your creative choices. Why did you choose the subjects, teams, names, colours, shapes, fonts, etc. that you did? What do you like about your work? What would you go back and change?

Three of the entries you posted here required uniforms on flat templates, which levels the playing field, but also makes voting tougher, I think. When the work is mostly of similar quality, good work, I guess voting is going to be less predictable. Maybe a single red uniform entry draws votes over several blue uniform entries simply because it seems unique? Have a look at the work that placed better than yours. What makes it distinct?

Columbus Crew - The black and yellow checkered stripes suggested 'Taxi' to me. The entire uniform was black, but the yellow socks didn't match.

American Basketball Association - Doesn't say 'Basketball', to me, but definitely screams 'America'. I don't think you need the outer blue ring and stars.

Wild Wings - I like it. It's a good hockey uniform concept. Maybe instead of putting the small wings on the back of the yoke, you could have made the wings larger, so that they filled the entire yoke, making the entire yoke into wings?

St. Louis Arsenal - I like the colours and the number font. I don't think there's anything wrong with those uniforms. Maybe bring a little gold to the collar or add a gold stripe to the helmet? Why'd you choose 'Arsenal' for the team name?

1 hour ago, Gordie said:

Most importantly, you're happy with what you created. The medals are good motivation for entering the Logolympiad, but enhancing your skills and stretching your creativity are the best rewards for participating, no matter how you place in the voting.

This thread is a great place for you to explain your creative choices. Why did you choose the subjects, teams, names, colours, shapes, fonts, etc. that you did? What do you like about your work? What would you go back and change?

Three of the entries you posted here required uniforms on flat templates, which levels the playing field, but also makes voting tougher, I think. When the work is mostly of similar quality, good work, I guess voting is going to be less predictable. Maybe a single red uniform entry draws votes over several blue uniform entries simply because it seems unique? Have a look at the work that placed better than yours. What makes it distinct?

Columbus Crew - The black and yellow checkered stripes suggested 'Taxi' to me. The entire uniform was black, but the yellow socks didn't match.

American Basketball Association - Doesn't say 'Basketball', to me, but definitely screams 'America'. I don't think you need the outer blue ring and stars.

Wild Wings - I like it. It's a good hockey uniform concept. Maybe instead of putting the small wings on the back of the yoke, you could have made the wings larger, so that they filled the entire yoke, making the entire yoke into wings?

St. Louis Arsenal - I like the colours and the number font. I don't think there's anything wrong with those uniforms. Maybe bring a little gold to the collar or add a gold stripe to the helmet? Why'd you choose 'Arsenal' for the team name?

Wow, i really appreciate your C&C man, thanks so much. I can tell you speak from experience! You're right though, i guess i kinda focused more on how to get votes and win a medal more than if i was happy with the concept (which i was, but still). I didn't get a whole lot of votes for these so i guess i automatically went looking for big problems, when you're right that isn't the ultimate goal there. As far as my take on the concepts;

Columbus- Yeah, i can see that now. The no-sublimation rule really killed me on that one. The Crew logo is my favorite and i had the idea to use the 96 badge for the numbers and cap. patch so i ran from there. Can see some issues with it though

ABA- I didn't have a lot of time for this one, but i was pretty happy with the result, although i might have got a little roundel-happy. My idea was to have the center circle be a possible partial logo and the 25 stars represent the number of teams in the original ABA. I think being one of few to not include a basketball didn't help here, but i did like it in the end

Wild Wings- I don't think i got one vote for this one, which was defeating because i was really happy with it. I was the only one to do the wild wings and i was happy with the end result, especially the partial W logo. I understand that can happen but it was one of my favorites

Arsenal- I can understand how this could miss, but i based it on St. Louis's Civil war past, and the real St. louis arsenal, an old war supplies station. The logo is both an A and a cannon along with the memorial statue outside the STL Arsenal. The helmets are based on the civil war caps with the crossed rifles on the front. The color scheme is also based off of the war. I might have been too heavy-handed with the Civil war influence here, considering STLs involvement wasn't TOO big, but liked how the concept was turning out.

My absolute goal here is to get better and better each year, and thats why I've fallen in love with the Logolympiad in my first year entered. Thanks so much again for the help

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Archived