Political Banners

BroadSt_Bully

This is a riduclous waste of bandwidth!

Who defines what is offensive to one?

I am not a Yankees fan, but that image of Bird $H1T on a Yankees hat IS OFFENSIVE, but that doesnt mean it should come down.

Yes, I would agree that the DISCUSSION of politics on the board are un needed, big deal... let someone post what they want in their signature, and people can just ignore it or move past it.....

A person of good political character is one who can ACCEPT someone else's view, right wrong or indifferent and ALLOW them the right to speak it.

And for the record... I HATE POLITICS!

While I mean no offense to anyone here, I believe my right to express myself is more important than someone's comfort level with what I'm expressing. If you disagree with my views and want to have a civil debate, PM me. If you dislike politics or are offended by what I have to say and would like me to remove it, then, sorry, but get over yourself. I'm not telling anyone what to think, I'm not berating the folks who disagree with me. I'm simply stating my opinion (a well educated opinion, BTW, even if you disagree) on a matter that I find very important and topical at the moment.

If it offends your delicate sensibilities, build yourself a plastic bubble in the middle of a field, 'cause there a hundreds of thousands of things that are more offensive than me expressing my political views.

I'm not berating the folks who disagree with me.

Then what do you call that last post you wrote?

Geez, I was just offering a suggestion. The backlash in this thread actually proves my point that politics a touchy issue and it creates hostility on the board... and we haven't even begun to debate issues yet!

Geez, I was just offering a suggestion. The backlash in this thread actually proves my point that politics a touchy issue and it creates hostility on the board... and we haven't even begun to debate issues yet!

You obviously misinterpret well articulated defense of ones position with berating. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they are berating you.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

While I mean no offense to anyone here, I believe my right to express myself is more important than someone's comfort level with what I'm expressing.

No one is challenging your right to express an opinion...we're just wondering (considering that this is a sports logos/uniforms forum) what you think this expression achieves, other than antagonising those with the opposing view, whilst doing exactly zip to promote meaningful debate on the relative merits of the presidential candidates? Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to.

Actually... that doesnt prove your point at all....

The only thing it proves is.... When you tell (or suggest) to someone what they can or can not do, you best be prepared to get some strong minded opinions and beliefs in return.

Archived