Political Banners

BroadSt_Bully

Can we possibly have like a moratorium on these so as to not fuel any raging mudslinging debates? There's already enough tension on the boards with the IHA situation and other issues between posters, so it may be in the community's best interest to put a temporary ban on said banners... from both sides of the aisle.

Just a thought. What say you, Chris?

You can do what I did and just turn the sigs off and ignore them. It makes reading the threads much better.

I do enjoy seeing the work of others, though, in their sigs. I'm sure there are others out there who feel the way I do. Most message boards I participate in have a moratorium on political banners/messages this year.

Again, just a suggestion and it's ultimately up to Chris.

I don't have a problem with them. They're just like bumper stickers. If they make derogatory of offensive statements, then they can be taken down or changed, but if it's just to show your support, what's the big deal?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I don't have a problem with them. They're just like bumper stickers. If they make derogatory of offensive statements, then they can be taken down or changed, but if it's just to show your support, what's the big deal?

It's not the supportive banners that irk me, it's the negative ones. Not to single anyone out but, for example, there is no place for banners like Avenger's sig pic in this community. It just creates hate and tension. If there was an anti-Kerry one, I'd say the exact same thing.

Politics are politics. This is a sports logo designers' board.

Sorry if I'm way off-base with my rationale or if I'm being a total ass about it.

Maybe if we keep it to banners that support a certain candidate rather than bash or mock their opponents, it would reduce some of the rancor. None of the negative stuff.

Then again, I'm not exactly married to my sig. Whatever the boss says, goes.

EDIT: Ehh, crap. JP said that already. I think this Clown thing is crossing our brainwaves or something.

Guys, this is a sports logo message board. Nothing more. We make logos and critique them, and talk about new logos and stuff. Why do we feel the need to make it into so much more than that? Politics have absolutely no place here, and I do not give a rat's ass what other people think nor do I want to see them parade their banners around here. What people wanna do in November is their own damn business.

It's not the supportive banners that irk me, it's the negative ones. Not to single anyone out but, for example, there is no place for banners like Avenger's sig pic in this community. It just creates hate and tension. If there was an anti-Kerry one, I'd say the exact same thing.

Politics are politics. This is a sports logo designers' board.

Sorry if I'm way off-base with my rationale or if I'm being a total ass about it.

i happen to think avenger's sig is halarious. if ur looking for an anti-kerry sig look no further then jqk.

Why are people so averse to political views being expressed on the boards. IMO the threads with least offensiveness and the most intelligent exchanges of views at the moment are the political discussions. There is very little serious mudslinging going on there!

If people are allowed to discuss which woman they fancy more, or which joke uis funniest, or whatever, why not discuss politics. most of the people on the board who discuss politics do it in an adult and mature way. We appreciate other people have other views and we accept them, but we are happy to put our own point of view accross.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Political discussions are NOT to blame for the tearing apart of this board. ONE certain member and his idiocy, trolling, and unneeded insults is.

We have a general discussion board for discussions about general topics. Political discussions can take place there. If you get offended by political discussions, then avoid them.

It is a dangerous practice to ban certain topics form the board. How far do you go? A player signs for 20mil a year. We talk about how ridiculous this money is.. then someone comes back and says it is an open market, why not make as much as you can? Then someone else says they should share the wealth with rookies and up and coming players. And someone else says that is communist, and sports are based on capitalism. Do we shut the thread down immediately for talking about politics? I say no, this is a real sports conversation.

Lets not censor. The "bad" language filter is enough censorship around here.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'm not gonna even make a big post about it. Just because it is a Sports Logos board means we can't talk about anything else? Then we might as well delete the Sports In General forum......and the Lounge......and the Fantasy Leagues......

I voted against political signatures. One reason I come here for a short time each day-- of course-- is to "get away" from all the serious stuff that I am BOMBARDED with outside of this little forum (via radio, news, billboards, TV, bumper stickers, etc.). I also think part of the appeal of the board is the relative anonymity we have in posting--something we control, to a degree; some more than others. Saintsfan is obviously British, others are quite Canadian, but for all I know, poster X may be a 66-year old washwoman, poster Y may be an active-duty Marine, and poster Z may be a college professor. And frankly, I like it that way. I'd rather be able to discuss the skills, knowledge and ideas of our posters and share data, and HAVE FUN with contests and polls and such without knowing that a particular poster has a differing viewpoint. So, the last thing I need is to see someone's signature giving out a political statement, be it as innocuous as "Kerry/ Edwards '04" or "W 'O4", or be it as obnoxious as some of the stuff I've seen from both sides.

Let me just point out one other thing. When I found the "other" board, I read some threads and was plopped right in the middle of a debate that either was or had become political in nature. People were calling each other "right-wing nazi" and "pinko commie" and being downright childish. It was one of the things that turned me off from that board, and I wouldn't want to see such stuff happen here.

The most antagonistic debates on this board should be of the type Gothamite and Brian in Boston conducted, dealing with whether or not Anaheim was a suburb. And they should be run as civilly as that one was.

So, I say can the political sigs.

It is what it is.

I agree. Make up your mind about who to vote for president, I'll make up my mind who I want to vote for president and lets leave it at that. I doubt there is a poster out there that could ever make a post that would change my mind and I know I would never change any one else's. It all comes down to a I'm right you're wrong...you're guy is an idiot sort of thing.

I don't think that we should ban political discussions from the lounge however the political banner one seems to be ok. Some are fine like the onews that say Kerry-Edwards or Bush 04, but then there are are ones like avengers, paynominds old one, or the thing that was posted that said Kerry and Edwards were communist, those just cause problems. Not everyone wants to see or hear about politics and they still want see the signatures to admires people's work. If we just confine the poltical stuff to threads in the lounge so if people don't want to read political stuff they can just avoid it. If someone post something in those threads that is just outlandish and doesn't add to the discussion then the moderator can just edit the post.

Archived