The Flying V: Classic or Modern?

ldconcepts

Most would scoff at that question, and rightfully so. The Flying V jerseys were part of one of the worst design ideas in NHL history, right up there with gradients and full-jersey logos, and were anything but classic. But today I present you two options for the Canucks inspired by those very jerseys. Classic or modern? I'm not too sure.

The "Classic" uniform has a toned down V chest stripe front and center. On the white jersey, it's separated into a green and blue stripe, while on the dark, I used the pattern Vancouver currently use on their home jerseys. The Johnny Canuck V logo is on the chest, and the Stick in the Rink is on the shoulders and pants. The entire set is in classic royal blue and green colours, along with a classic hockey font. 

Vancouver%2BCanucks%2BConcept.png

On the "Modern" Set, the V is much more pronounced. The Orca logo is front and center, with a navy blue V as a backdrop on both jerseys. I used the current font and the whale's current colour scheme for a modern double blue look. The double striping pattern on the arms matches the logo, while navy blue equipment tops it off.

Vancouver%2BCanucks%2BConcept.png

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

I like both options, but I fear there is not enough contrast between the navy and midnight blue. I think it would be great with royal blue substituting in for the navy. Or maybe go to a cerulean blue (more towards green).

Either concept is an improvement from the current unis. Just removing the Vancouver script is an improvement!

Archived