Orlando Solar Bears Concept

JB Designs

Now that the competition is over, I thought I'd share my Orlando Solar Bears concept from THE SEASON over on HockeyJerseyConcepts.com.

The home and away were my regular season entry and carried through with a perfect 5-0 record earning me the top seed in the playoffs. The design centers around a circular upper arm fill meant to symbolize the aura of the sun while displaying the entirety of the Solar Bears' unique color pallet. The pants remain simple to play off the busy design on the sweaters and golden-boy Ryan Reaves adorns the back of each jersey.

The alternate shown was my concept for the playoff rounds of the competition and again ran the table to be crowned THE SEASON Champion. This design draws on the Cleveland Barons TV-numbers within the Ohio outline look,by surrounding these shoulder numbers in the outline of the sun from the chest logo. From there the color pallet is refined by striping away teal and giving yellow a greater role. The yellow-on-orange from the logo is maintained throughout the set as well as white remaining on its own, surrounded only by purple. The #OB NOB are meant to reflect the lettering on the chest logo with un-outlined orange text on top of white in both instances. Really happy with the way these turned out (and the way they performed in competition). At the end of the day, I think this is the most fun I've had with an individual concept since I started designing.

Let me know what you think. C&C always welcome.

img%5D

I like it! The Solar Bears have a great and unique identity that mashes together a perfect color scheme for their sport and city. The suns around the TV numbers on the alternate are definitely different, and I could totally see them in use in a minor league like the ECHL. Nice work!

Archived