AAF Field Concepts

pitt6pack

Some of you might be aware that a new spring football league, the Association of American Football (AAF) is kicking off (or rather starting from the 25 yard line) this February. With all the team logos being released, I figured I'd through some field concepts out there.

AAF Logos

AAF_All_1024.png

Starting with the San Diego Fleet first

SD%5E1.png

I used the same number font and grass pattern that was used the last time the Chargers played in San Diego, since the Fleet will be playing in the same stadium. Thought about using a helmet logo at midfield as the Chargers did, but the uniforms for each team haven't been unveiled yet, so I'm not sure what the helmet will look like. Maybe something I come back to.

I think for all the fields, the AAF logo should be on the field, no smaller than 4 yards in width, as I have on this field. Since it's a new league, it needs to advertise itself in every game.

Speaking of advertising, I wouldn't be surprised if advertisements were added to the actual fields, like in college bowl games, since that's a revenue source for the league.

8 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

I've been doing the same thing but you beat me to posting them, yours looks great! Is the endzone font the same from their logo releases?

Yes, the endzone font is from the logo. I'll probably just use only what I have from the logos for each team.

On 9/26/2018 at 3:51 PM, pitt6pack said:

Some of you might be aware that a new spring football league, the Association of American Football (AAF) is kicking off (or rather starting from the 25 yard line) this February. With all the team logos being released, I figured I'd through some field concepts out there.

AAF Logos

AAF_All_1024.png

Starting with the San Diego Fleet first

SD%5E1.png

I used the same number font and grass pattern that was used the last time the Chargers played in San Diego, since the Fleet will be playing in the same stadium. Thought about using a helmet logo at midfield as the Chargers did, but the uniforms for each team haven't been unveiled yet, so I'm not sure what the helmet will look like. Maybe something I come back to.

I think for all the fields, the AAF logo should be on the field, no smaller than 4 yards in width, as I have on this field. Since it's a new league, it needs to advertise itself in every game.

Speaking of advertising, I wouldn't be surprised if advertisements were added to the actual fields, like in college bowl games, since that's a revenue source for the league.

For Arizona, it might be a toss up between the standard ASU number font for the field or the standard number font used by the Fiesta/Cheez-itz/Cardinals (as the games are being played at the newly renovated ASU Sun Devil Stadium, and the crew employed to paint the fields for the bowl games and the Cards are the same).

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• 2 months later...

Archived