Canadian Baseball League (Edmonton Added NEW TEAMS 2020)

72freebie

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Pretty much exactly one year after my last post I have finally gotten back to this project. I said I was going to do more teams when I had more time on my hands and I figure there is not much of a better time than now. I have four more teams planned for this but who knows, there could be more than that. Anyways let's get to it, team number 7 the Edmonton Tusks.

r2UaWHF.png

LieT7AH.png

Y5mXpV4.png

Went with Blue and orange for the color scheme as a bit of a homage to the Oilers but also because it's very unique to the league. The logos feature a mammoth head and a sharp angled E for the cap logo. The jerseys feature a sharp string pattern on the shoulders and some piping down the front.

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Excited to see this series back.  I really like the Oilers homage and its implementation is thought through very well, but the woolly mammoth needs some fixing.  The trunk looks a little bit like an earthworm, and I think thinning the navy lines on the trunk and/or reducing the number of them would help in that regard. 

I really like the way the logo looks on the primary cap. The tusks really pop. And purple and orange is just a great color scheme. I can't decide if I think you should add a bevel to the shoulder and pant stripes or if that would be overkill. The mismatch between the wordmark and the striping is bothering me slightly. 

Also, quickly for the rest of the series:

Victoria is amazing. The primary logo is so intricate and well-executed and the wordmark pops. I love the decision to go with a cream hat too.

Calgary is likewise really strong, especially after brightening the red and switching to the Engineers name. The blue-striped hat is a bold move but I feel like you have a good reason for it. 

I agree that something feels off about Halifax. The mouth of the basking shark just doesn't look right. I was looking at pictures on Google Images and I see your dilemma. Not the easiest thing to render. I would keep experimenting with the teeth/stripes (?) based on other images than whatever ones you have been using. The name and color scheme are great though and I like the uniforms. 

I usually hate names like Motion but I think you made it work with the 70s/retro look. The paneled cap is cool.

Saskatchewan is good, you always need to have a green and gold team in a well-designed baseball league! I would maybe consider a different cap logo though. The concept is already wordmark-heavy and the PS just accentuates that. Even just an S interlocking with the stalk of grain would be an improvement.

Overall great work! The caps especially have been a highlight!

Archived