Pirates Concept - NEED INPUT

Nick 1733

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is the first logo that I have commented/critiqued...I have to start somewhere I guess.

I am by no means a professional designer and this is just my first thoughts when looking at your logo.

I like the change of hair to black, it is synonymous with pirates. I don't see anything wrong with the feather, I actually like it there.

The white bandana doesn't work for me though. It is distracting, especially in your last design. The way you have the hat and bandana suggests that the hat sits at the very top of his head. I would rather see either a sliver of the bandana with a hint of a knot in the back or just leave the bandana out and put his hat firmly on his head. I am not sure a pirate would wear a white bandana anyway, especially a bad ass pirate.

The eye looks much better with the pupil, although it still seems to be missing something.

The lips and teeth are still throwing me off. It almost looks like a flat beak on a bird. The way you have the top and bottom teeth curved on the inside gives it a beak look to it. I would think putting the top and bottom teeth together with a slight separation using a thinner single line might be worth a shot.

All in all I like this one. I know you are still working on it so I thought I would give another point of view.

Archived