ScotM

Intro.
The year is 2004, and three Southern Ontario record labels hosting 6 local bands have combined to form a soccer league. Mantis Productions in Toronto, Mojo Records in Barrie and Tuesday Morning Records in Ottawa have all joined forces to create the Tuesday Morning Premier League.

Concept.
I'll be designing logos for each team and jersey (home, away and clash as well as goalkeepers kits for all 6 teams.) Sponsors will be either local or fictional brands tied into each band name, with backstory on each.

Map.
spacer.png

Teams. 
All of these teams are based on bands I either previously played in or have friends who played in. I've cleared the names with all band members. Windup Fox and (Norman Ross) Weichel are music projects that still exist.

Team Locations.

Bad Mojo (Orléans, Ontario)

Panic Button FC (East London, Ontario)

Slangdoll SC (Toronto)

Stereoface SC (North London, Ontario)

Weichel FC (Perry Sound, Ontario)

Windup Fox FC (Ottawa, Ontario)

spacer.png
The first band in this series is Bad Mojo, a rock band from Orléans, Ontario (a suburb East of downtown Ottawa, near the Québec border.)

The team logo is a music note in the shape of a lowercase B with wings, a tribute to both the drummer and the guitarist, whose father’s are retired from the Air Force and both are airplane enthusiasts. An abstract soccer ball inside the B completes the design.

The shirt sponsor is in honour of Super Ex, a yearly fair held up until 2010, where they played their first big show. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

While the logo is already quite elegant as is, maybe you could bend the wings down a little bit to form an M so you can have a "BM" monogram of sorts. Maybe it'll read more like a sixteenth note that way too...?

The jersey patterns are cool! I like the camo on the collar; it's a nice touch.

What color would the numbers be? Because the trim colors, albeit nice for the design, could be a bit subtle for numbers, I think.

I imagine capturing the subtleties of different music into distinct designs is pretty hard, but so far so good!

23 minutes ago, vtgco said:

The jersey patterns are cool! I like the camo on the collar; it's a nice touch.

What color would the numbers be? Because the trim colors, albeit nice for the design, could be a bit subtle for numbers, I think.

Thanks, I was actually going for clouds on the home, but camo is pretty cool too.

I'm thinking white outlined in black on the home and black, outlined in white on the away.

Panic Button was the first band I ever played in. It originally started out as a graphic design project in school to create CD packaging. We went from a two piece band (Norm Weichel and I) with original songs co-written by Norm and I, to a three piece once Solomon Macys joined on lead guitar. Then my friend’s brother joined the band. We played a few shows in and around my hometown, of London, Ontario.

After Slangdoll (Norm’s primary band) started getting more attention, we went back to a two piece band with Solm and I. But Norm was still producing and mixing our songs. I always wondered what might’ve happened if I’d stayed in London. Little known fact, our last rehearsal space was a block away from the old Kellogg’s factory on Dundas street. It seemed like a fitting shirt sponsor.

The PB logo I’ve used here was taken from the era our last cd, Death on Parade.

With the home design, I wanted to use a subtle dot gradient patten. The away features vertical lines in squares. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived