University of New Hampshire Old School Design

MDGP

In my continuing quest to expand my design retinue while also redoing old designs I decided to take a look at the University of New Hampshire Wildcats again.

I've never liked their current logo, and always felt that the logo is a poor representation of a bobcat.

UNHwildcatsLogo_0.png

In my old design, I made the logo front facing and stylized it differently. Much like the other designs I've redone, I'm not particularly a fan of it anymore. It's overly cartoony, especially in the eyes, and indicates my general inability to move away from a particular style in my logos back then.

D7VRA9C.png

For my new design, rather than just updating the logo, I decided to challenge myself and go in a direction I haven't really gone in before. There's something I've always liked about the old school, hand drawn look of logos, and I wanted to depict that. I also wanted to move to a more realistic depiction of a bobcat than I had before. This includes more realistic eyes, head shaping, and markings than the logo I did back in 2013.

eghdYFd.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Interesting.  i like the direction, and although it's supposed to be a vintage logo, i feel like it could be cleaned up a little while retaining that look.  I went to two schools that were Wildcats (my elementary school AND UNH actually).  my elementary school had a great vintage wildcat logo like this painted in the gym that from at least what i can remember is a great example.  unfortunately i can't find it anywhere.  But maybe look at the Predators Winter Classic logo for some ideas on the lines/markings.  

I'm also not feeling the UNH on the forehead, but it does fit the idea you're going for so i can appreciate it.  Perhaps taking the idea further, maybe it should be just blue and white.  I feel like they wouldn't have used silver/gray in an older logo.

Archived