CFB Fantasy Logo Dump (CAZU Tweaked)

the_grateful_ted

Some buddies and I are starting up a college fb fantasy league (next year, we're not psychos), and I'm doing a bunch of the logos early cause I got some time. This will be where I post any of the logos that I need a second pair of eyes on, so not necessarily going for pretty presentation. First off we have a secondary for the "Central Arizona University Fighting Quails". Knew I wanted to go retro, which is not my forte. Used a bunch of vintage mascot logos to create a Frankenstein of reference images. This is based off "Gambel's Quail". I think it's a good start, but need some help especially in the facial region. C&C is greatly appreciated!

KMkEYVw.png

Awesome logo! Never thought I’d see a quail in a cool retro style. I wouldn’t touch the logo, but I would definitely decide which color you like more between the red and the blue then make the other a tad darker just for some contrast. It’s doing a weird thing to the eyes right now that makes the colors look like they are blending and it’s warping the lines. Also, is Central Arizona University a fancy way of saying Phoenix?

1 hour ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Awesome logo! Never thought I’d see a quail in a cool retro style. I wouldn’t touch the logo, but I would definitely decide which color you like more between the red and the blue then make the other a tad darker just for some contrast. It’s doing a weird thing to the eyes right now that makes the colors look like they are blending and it’s warping the lines. Also, is Central Arizona University a fancy way of saying Phoenix?

Thank you! 😁 I actually have another version with a darker, more purple hue of red (I also noticed that) that I will post on here as well for comparison. Of course it is, right where Indian School Park is now located is where I had in mind (and that name is obviously getting thrown in the dumpster, not to get political)!

I agree, I think a darker red would look good. This is just a personal thing, but I think a white outline when the logo is on blue would look good, some of the detailing gets lost when the blue outline isn't visible.

the user formerly known as cdclt

The Jamestown Tech identity as a whole is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen. I don’t understand it but I love it. Your proportions are spot on for the secondary. Looks exactly like when I try to pick up my bulldog to move him but struggle because he is way too much weight for something that small.

Archived