Will's You Make The Call #7

WJMorris3

The Kansas City Chiefs are playing the San Diego Chargers in a regular season game at Arrowhead Stadium. On fourth and three for San Diego at their own 41 yard line, the Chargers line up to punt. The Chiefs put two players back to receive the kick. While the kick is in the air, Eddie Kennison signals for a fair catch at the 19 yard line. Kennison lets the ball drop and Dante Hall fields it at the 15 yard line.

Can Hall legally return this kick?

LvZYtbZ.png

NCAA Rules, Hall CANNOT return the kick. The ball is dead at the spot where Hall recovers it. 1st and 10, KC, at the 15.

If Hall tries to advance this kick, and takes more than 2 or 3 steps, it is a penalty on the Chiefs. Then it would be 1st and 10, KC, at the 10.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

JP, I know you went by college rules, but that rule just entered the NFL rulebook this year.  If anyone signals a fair catch, that eliminates the chance of anyone on that team returning the kick.

Wow, that's like the only rule change I was unaware of this season.

So much for the King of Football, eh? :D

JP, I know you went by college rules, but that rule just entered the NFL rulebook this year.  If anyone signals a fair catch, that eliminates the chance of anyone on that team returning the kick.

Wow, that's like the only rule change I was unaware of this season.

So much for the King of Football, eh? :D

Haha, will you people stop raggin on me for that?

It's something I got called by a friend who thought he could stump me in the NFL Trivia field.

Archived