YAAGR (Yet Another American Gladiators Reboot)

DG_ThenNowForever

https://awfulannouncing.com/wwe/yet-another-american-gladiators-reboot-is-in-the-works-with-wwe-reportedly-involved.html

Per Deadline, yet another attempt to reboot the series is in the works. This time, WWE and MGM are reportedly involved, and it seems like the gladiators will be WWE wrestlers superstars.

Deadline understands that MGM has teamed up with WWE for a reimagined version of the non-scripted series that will feature a slew of WWE wrestling superstars.

Mark Burnett and his team are currently pitching the rebooted series, which is based on the format created by Johnny Ferraro and Dan Carr, to broadcasters and platforms.

Also this nugget:

If you want more American Gladiators content, a 30 for 30 is in the works. Per IMDB, it’s still filming, with an expected release date sometime in 2022.

My love for the original American Gladiators is well-documented, as is my sadness that the 2008 reboot didn't quite understand what made the original so good.

I think American Ninja Warrior is the real spiritual successor to American Gladiators, so much so that a WWE-led reboot likely isn't needed (for many reasons). We'll see!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

22 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

https://awfulannouncing.com/wwe/yet-another-american-gladiators-reboot-is-in-the-works-with-wwe-reportedly-involved.html

Also this nugget:

My love for the original American Gladiators is well-documented, as is my sadness that the 2008 reboot didn't quite understand what made the original so good.

I think American Ninja Warrior is the real spiritual successor to American Gladiators, so much so that a WWE-led reboot likely isn't needed (for many reasons). We'll see!

I think Titan Games tried to call back to American Gladiators this past season. I wouldn't consider American Ninja Warrior to be a spiritual successor because they're only fighting themselves and the clock, not another competitor. I think it's workable, but we don't need actual backstories for the Gladiators, they just are there to give the competition a tough time. Backstories are the most overused thing on these shows anymore. I liked when Mike Adamle would give out a quick blurb about a competitor and that was enough. It also allowed more events to get fit in. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived