UMaine Black Bears Alternate Logo

MDGP

As someone who grew up a UMaine hockey fan and has done multiple redesigns of the primary logo and wordmark (the most recent of which can be seen here), I've always been disappointed at the lack of a secondary logo for the school. Currently the only secondary logos in widespread use are just partials of the primary logo and font. I wanted to create a unique design that could be used as a shoulder logo, cap logo, etc. in conjunction with the primary and script.

The logo features the silhouette of a black bear in navy blue walking in front of two light blue pine trees. The trees overlap both to create the appearance of dense forest as well as forming the general shape of an M. This allows the logo to function as both a graphic logo and a letter logo. The navy and light blue sections are outlined my a white keyline to complete the school's iconic color scheme.

xOZfhVC.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived