Washington Commanders- Various Logos

DCarp1231

Long story short, the new minted Commanders have a serious identity problem.

Here is my take on the logo side of things. Simple and standard for a traditional team-

spacer.png

Top Left- diamond shape represents the original DC shape. Stars are positioned to represent DC, Maryland, and Virginia (DMV) where majority of the team’s fans reside. As well as the name sake (Washington), where the team plays (Maryland), and where the team is HQ’d (Virginia).

Top Right- again, diamond DC shape as well as the addition of the DC flag.

Bottom Left- simple logo. Diamond DC Shape. “W” for Washington.

Bottom Right- Wordmarks to be utilized with any of the other three main logo options.

C & C welcomed as always

I like the concept of the DC Diamond with diamonds for DC, Maryland and Virginia, but I think a slight tweak to make the location of the stars more symmetrical would help.  Maybe lined up so that they form 3 stars in a vertical column, with 2 outside the diamond and one inside (would require realigning the W) would work best.  Just a thought.   I also think a more interesting W would help.  This one just seems too generic, even compared to the actual W they are using IRL. 

On 2/11/2022 at 1:39 PM, WideRight said:

I like the concept of the DC Diamond with diamonds for DC, Maryland and Virginia, but I think a slight tweak to make the location of the stars more symmetrical would help.  Maybe lined up so that they form 3 stars in a vertical column, with 2 outside the diamond and one inside (would require realigning the W) would work best.  Just a thought.   I also think a more interesting W would help.  This one just seems too generic, even compared to the actual W they are using IRL. 

Thank you for your input!

For the W, truthfully speaking I couldn’t find a better font that fit the Commanders name. Eventually landing on one similar to current one. I tried out the linear stars that you suggested. I added the lines from the DC flag as the inside of the square felt too empty-FLe073mX0AAuLVb?format=jpg&name=medium

Honestly, I wasn’t satisfied with the look, so I went for two more contained looks.

One with the stars around the W-

spacer.png

The other with the stars stacked on top of the W-

FLe073kXIAsYJsz?format=jpg&name=medium

I also created a new word mark and secondary-

spacer.png

Archived