2023 NWSL Uniforms (North Carolina Courage Added)

MJWalker45

I started playing around with a few ideas based on some of this years NWSL uniforms. The plan was to come up with a few designs that fall in line with their current identities but veer slightly away from them, as is expected to happen from year to year.

Angel City

Chicago Red Stars

Houston Dash

Kansas City Current

NJ/NY Gotham

North Carolina Courage

OL Reign

Orlando Pride

Portland Thorns

Racing Louisville

San Diego Wave

Washington Spirit

The jerseys are from Template FC and the player layout is from Mockups Bolivia (https://www.youtube.com/c/MockupsBolivia)

NJ/NY Gotham FC

ecHoEK2.jpgsMMawvH.jpg

9R7E9H4.png

OLPa398.jpgi58BD38.jpg

vGyp6Z3.png

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'd maybe ditch the outlines on the Gotham logo, but those jerseys are solid! That gradient-y away is really nice; gives me Minnesota Aurora vibes.

I appreciate the return of light blue trim and white shorts to the Dash home kit (Dash & Dynamo both should look that way).

Not sure about the navy blue on the away kit; that could all be black, I think?

Anyways, those hoops look good! (They suit Houston well, though I think they'd be perfect for a Nashville SC concept🤔)

The placement of the NWSL logo is surprising, but it kinda works! I still prefer the sleeve, but what you've done + a second sleeve ad would definitely be better than the back-of-neck ads they're doing IRL.

Good work!

1 hour ago, vtgco said:

I'd maybe ditch the outlines on the Gotham logo, but those jerseys are solid! That gradient-y away is really nice; gives me Minnesota Aurora vibes.

I appreciate the return of light blue trim and white shorts to the Dash home kit (Dash & Dynamo both should look that way).

Not sure about the navy blue on the away kit; that could all be black, I think?

Anyways, those hoops look good! (They suit Houston well, though I think they'd be perfect for a Nashville SC concept🤔)

The placement of the NWSL logo is surprising, but it kinda works! I still prefer the sleeve, but what you've done + a second sleeve ad would definitely be better than the back-of-neck ads they're doing IRL.

Good work!

I was thinking of avoiding black with Houston, but it might work better. For Gotham, I left the outline to avoid the logo melting into the shirt and striping. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I was thinking of avoiding black with Houston, but it might work better. For Gotham, I left the outline to avoid the logo melting into the shirt and striping. 

Yeah, going without black would look cool, though I think it's tough because you've got so many colors going on, and so much black in the logo & ads...

You could recolor those too, or leave them but put the numbers/Nike logos in orange?

Understandable thought process, but unfortunately Gotham's logo gets lost in its own outlines IMO...  Maybe an outline matching the color of the jersey behind it would be less intrusive? (i.e. teal at home, light seafoam in the road)

12 hours ago, vtgco said:

Understandable thought process, but unfortunately Gotham's logo gets lost in its own outlines IMO...  Maybe an outline matching the color of the jersey behind it would be less intrusive? (i.e. teal at home, light seafoam in the road)

I can see that. I'll try those out. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

San Diego Wave (Home)

I had an idea for the away, but I don't think it works as well as I like, so I'll take it back to the drawing board, but I wanted to put the home kit out. 

PdPv8zS.jpgHoxWTA5.jpg

Axc3SF5.jpg

Updated Away

peW8RDx.jpgnJcbyt8.jpg

qp3SUGB.jpg

• Love 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• MJWalker45 changed the title to 2023 NWSL Uniforms (San Diego Wave updated)
  • MJWalker45 changed the title to 2023 NWSL Uniforms (San Diego Wave updated, Angel City Added)

Those patterns on Angel City look good, though I'd say using both patterns at home feels a little unnecessary. I'd save the diamonds for the away jersey, and just sublimate that lovely fan pattern onto the trim stripes.

For the gold away, I'm curious how it'd look with the diamonds squished to be more horizontal, like on the current trim of the home jersey.

Lastly, going with the LAFC colors away is totally fine, but I think the home jersey wants some rose gold.

Putting my dislike of their identity aside, the Current looks solid; the paintbrush stripe emulating the logo at home is quite nice! Not needed, but would a recolored version with turquoise base and blue stripes (like the logo) work?

The color balancing is good, but IMO Louisville is the first miss of the series. The home pattern is kinda bland and the away pattern is kinda busy. I think the away would work better if you staggered upward the lilies in alternating columns, and used more consistent striping. Perhaps you could use the more chaotic striping as the basis for a new home jersey.

San Diego looks excellent, especially that away! The vertical stripes extending on the socks are gorgeous. If I had any suggestion, it would be to make the wave pattern on the sleeve trim a lot bigger, make it extend beyond the top of its containing stripe, and have it at home too.

• Like 1

• MJWalker45 changed the title to 2023 NWSL Uniforms (North Carolina Courage Added)