Anaheim Angels - Rebrand

VampyrRabbit

So, the rather nice City Connect outfits for the team from Orange County got me thinking - What if The Halos decided to rebrand using cream and red, a version of the A from the surf inspired script and a secondary logo that has a nod to their home city?  And went all in on a  (sort of) two colour scheme?

spacer.png

So here is the primary, with the A from the surf shack style script and a sparkly effect halo from the 2002 jersey kicked up a notch or two.

spacer.png

The secondary is a winged baseball with the same halo as the A, with the wings from the 1997-2001 logo on a background shaped like the Disneyland Resort sign in Anaheim.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The home and road have a red placket inspired by the 1993-1996 uniforms, with the cream and crimson for the home, and the road is a rose tinted gray. The alternative home is crimson with cream sleeves and shoulder striping.  All the uniforms have the Halo A on the cap, batting helmet and shirt chest, the Winged Baseball on the sleeve and "The Halo Shines Tonight" script on the inside of the baselayer.

The template is a creation of rsaline and can be found here.

So, that's my first set of designs for a baseball team, C+C would be cool. Cheers.

• Like 7

First off, this set is a really great extension of the elements from the City jersey! Definitely a nice classic look.

Not 100% sold on the number font; I think the current City font or something more similar to the logo would work well.

The shade of pink on the away jersey is quite nice, but I worry the contrast is kinda low against cream (which would be a problem at San Francisco and Milwaukee), and I think I'd prefer a red away cap over what you've gone with here.

The alternate logo pairs really well with this aesthetic. The container is a nice local flair, and it gels well with those wings. I think the curve of the ball's seams are a bit shallow. It would be nice if they could continue the curve of the wings (not sure if that would that require re-orienting the ball somehow?)

Lastly, I'd appreciate the inclusion of the IRL cap and at least one "Anaheim" script jersey somewhere in the set...

Anyways, good work!

• Like 1

A nice set and logos!

The one 'critique' I'll make is that the secondary logo almost feels a bit squished to me; I wonder if it could be made to be a bit taller by enlarging the wings vertically? It's not bad by any means imo, but I'm wondering if it could help a bit.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

On 2022-06-12 at 9:24 PM, vtgco said:

First off, this set is a really great extension of the elements from the City jersey! Definitely a nice classic look.

Not 100% sold on the number font; I think the current City font or something more similar to the logo would work well.

The shade of pink on the away jersey is quite nice, but I worry the contrast is kinda low against cream (which would be a problem at San Francisco and Milwaukee), and I think I'd prefer a red away cap over what you've gone with here.

The alternate logo pairs really well with this aesthetic. The container is a nice local flair, and it gels well with those wings. I think the curve of the ball's seams are a bit shallow. It would be nice if they could continue the curve of the wings (not sure if that would that require re-orienting the ball somehow?)

Lastly, I'd appreciate the inclusion of the IRL cap and at least one "Anaheim" script jersey somewhere in the set...

Anyways, good work!

Thanks, I do agree that the shade of pink could be a bit deeper for the road and a red cap (or a mostly red one at least) would work better, and I should have used the cap that the IRI City Connect uses, because that cap is boss. I also made a slight adjustment on the baseball. I'll try and knock up a matching "Anaheim" script to the Angels surf inspired one,  because there really needs to be a script jersey somewhere in the set. 

5 hours ago, Wildcomet said:

A nice set and logos!

The one 'critique' I'll make is that the secondary logo almost feels a bit squished to me; I wonder if it could be made to be a bit taller by enlarging the wings vertically? It's not bad by any means imo, but I'm wondering if it could help a bit.

Cheers! To be honest, the shape of the container was originally part of a logo for a fictional soccer team called "Anaheim Apollos" for a "what if Disney decided to start a MLS team as well as a NHL one?" and I took part of the shield from there. I'll work on that along with the surf style Anaheim script. 

In the meantime, here is the adjusted home/road/home alt. spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Changed the name and number font to Maiden Orange (a 50's styled font) and the inner collar slogan font to Dealerplate California, a font inspired by the one on the California license plates. Also made the caps and batting helmets mostly red.  Also made the shade of pink tinged gray darker.

At a bit of a loss for a road alt, tried the Disney era navy and it didn't really fit the rebrand,

• Like 1

So, I was trying to come up with a road alt that fitted with the "Surf A" concept and used the same colours as the road. I hit a blank, and instead decided to go back to the classic Angels look for two alternates.

spacer.png

spacer.png

This home and road  set uses the colours worn by the California Angels. The font used for the wordmark is Dealerplate California, modelled after the script used on the state license plate, and the A has the sparkly effect halo. As does the sleeve logo, a map of Orange County inside a baseball diamond with a star marking the location of Angels stadium in Anaheim. And speaking of Anaheim, that name is on the road.

The OC Diamond logo was inspired by a logo concept I saw that used the outline of Orange County instead of California for the "script and state" logo. I didn't take note of the link to that logo, so if anyone knows the set I'm talking about, let me know and I'll give credit.

C+C would be cool, so let me know.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Revised home and road for the Halos, these now have striping on the cuffs and stirrups similar to that of the city connect, raglan sleeves, and the winged baseball logo has "ANAHEIM" above it in Barbaro Western script. The main wordmark is a modified version of that found on the city connect. The pinping from the placket is gone, and the neck trim matches that found on the pants, which now have a crimson belt and loops.

spacer.png

0dbe0891718ad3e6d3b14e849eae4fa0b8daa583

spacer.png

The California style Angels set now have a Halo A on the outstep of the stirrups.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The alternate brings back the Disney era periwinkle colour, and pairs it with the navy from the California Angels set and the crimson from the "Surf Angels" set. The shirt and pants have a subtle shadow pinstripe effect.

spacer.png

C + C would be cool.