the_grateful_ted's "Best Of" College Football: Week 7

Three categories this week- "Best Of", "Dishonorable Mentions", and "Ruined A Good Thing".  Iowa State v Texas and FSU v Clemson get some honorable mentions, but didn't excite me quite enough to get on the list. Duke v UNC barely misses a Dishonorable mention. Let's get rolling!

Best Of

#1: Florida vs LSU

DCogPtm.jpg

Please inject this directly into my veins. 

#2: Michigan State vs Wisconsin

OU8OoPI.jpg

I don't like teams that mix traditional/modern striping/elements. Sparty has a really modern set, but likes to screw around with traditional helmets and scripts (Oklahoma state/Mizzou also big time culprits of this). Pick one! Even with this, it was a gorgeous matchup in the sun. Wisconsin should always go red pants on the road???

#3: Tennessee vs Alabama 

pIZ0B2U.jpg

Classic, I'm such a sucker for the creamsicle orange.

Ruined A Good Thing

BYU vs Arkansas

UXc2HZP.jpg

Had BYU gone classic blues without a stupid spray-painted cougar on the helmet, this could've been a best of. contender. 

Dishonorable Mentions

Oklahoma vs Kansas

SjbZS64.jpg

This is a legitimate contender for worst uniform of the year. It is so desperate, so lazy, and so pointless. Kansas looks fine, but OU singlehandedly dragged them down. Nice work. 

TCU vs OK State

pYizRkE.jpg

TCU's first blood red uniforms  (the pro combat ones) were so superior to these monstrosities. Quick fixes that need to be done- Black, not anthracite for the base. Red only as a small trim color, not splashed all over the place. Boom, done. OK State has the messiest, most disconnected set in the NCAA. Never uses the same striping, helmet finish, or logo, never using orange, always using chrome and black way too much. Woof.  

• Like 8

For me, Bama @ Tenn was the winner this week. Two very simple, iconic looks and a gorgeous color matchup. 

Top three are all quite sharp, though. Wisconsin does look good with red pants. It feels more like a Nebraska thing, but the Huskers need to get their stripes back on the pants.

On 10/17/2022 at 10:28 AM, WestCoastBias said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Cal's uniforms (the striping and matte blue helmets) but I thought this was an under the radar pretty good looking game. 

CU-Cal-169_cFx3f.jpg&width=1416&height=7

Both teams in their best combos. I love it. 

I also thought the colors in this one looked really nice in the nighttime environment. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience