Montreal Canadiens - Expos Tribute Sweater

FinsUp1214

Hello, all!

It's been a very long time since I've posted concepts here. Working full-time has a way of taking a lot of, well, time! Who'd have thought? :P Although I design for a living and am creating something every day, it's been a long time since I've taken the chance to sit down and actually make something for the fun of it. It's good to be back posting in this section again; it may be intermittent, but I'd love to do more of it. I always appreciate your thoughtful feedback and comments.

Anyways, let's get to the heart of what I'm here for: a new concept!

When rumors began circulating that the Canadiens would go powder blue for their reverse retros and possibly pay homage to the Expos, I developed an idea in my head of what an ideal Expos tribute would look like. The Canadiens of course simply recolored their traditional sweaters powder blue and called it a day, but I decided this weekend to get the idea I've had for an Expos tribute sweater out of my head and onto the computer.

It's a design that might ruffle some feathers, as it deviates a little from the traditional Canadiens look. But I had every intention in the design of honoring Canadiens tradition by carrying over familiar elements and translating them into Expos nods. Namely, the sweater maintains the familiar stripes running along the sleeves and chest, but with an Expos twist. 

More insight into the design and the inspiration behind it will be included in the following graphics. I would love to hear your thoughts, feedback, and comments! Thank you all for viewing!

spacer.png

spacer.png

eddfc617-6bad-4fc4-9f09-1bf6b3bde767_rw_

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Haha, thank you @johne9109! I appreciate both the kind words and the reference 😄

I had some ideas over the last couple of days for some capsule collection merchandise that could be made for this as well. Lots of powder blue stuff of course, but tried to include some other items to mix things up a bit, including a couple of royal blue items and a white-paneled, directly Expos-inspired trucker cap. I'd love to hear all of your thoughts and feedback on the sweater and the new merchandise concepts as well! Thanks all!

spacer.png

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png