FIBA WORLD CUP CONCEPTS - USA (12/18)

BiggityBerfa

I would use a bigger front number on that alternate and place it below the flag. 

3 hours ago, johnrafael said:

The font doesn't look anything close from basketball to me, and we would never see NOBs with lowercase and no space.

Reminds me of the Rockets older number font to be honest. And using lowercase lettering is a European thing that's been used in soccer and other sports, as well as placing it below the numbers. 

arsenal-fc-vs-ac-milan-3-0-uefa-champion

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, johnrafael said:

Despite well thought, this is pretty plain, and execution is lacking. The font doesn't look anything close from basketball to me, and we would never see NOBs with lowercase and no space.

I chose the font because it was very modern while still being legible. It is very similar to the Dallas Mavericks font as well as other sans-serif NBA fonts like the Rockets or the Pacers so I don’t really see how you can say it’s not basketball. I can agree that the NOB is a little awkward but it is a little difficult to fit a longer name like hernangómez in such a small space. I chose to use lowercase letters because it is more aesthetically pleasing with this font as the uppercase letters are very bulky.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BiggityBerfa said:

The next team is a young, promising European squad with a lot of potential to make waves in the upcoming tournament, Italy.

HOME:

spacer.png

AWAY:

spacer.png

ALT:

spacer.png

My only complaint is to make the alternate numbers with a better contrast. tri strip flags lend themselves well to this application, but red or white on the navy would work better. 

• Like 1

• BiggityBerfa changed the title to FIBA WORLD CUP CONCEPTS - ITALY (12/14)
  • BiggityBerfa changed the title to FIBA WORLD CUP CONCEPTS - USA (12/18)