Bury FC Crest Concept

Red-Knight

With the news that Bury will be back officially as a "Phoenix Club" in the English football pyramid, I thought I'd take a stab at redesigning their logo. Now I know they would never change since it has barely changed over their 100+ year history. But a merger of the 2 groups and rebirth of the club would be a perfect time for a rebrand. My goals were to make it bolder and more manageable for merchandising opportunities, yet at the same time still feel like Bury FC and capture the history. 2 concepts below. I included currents crests and some other concepts used as inspiration.

spacer.png

FHTK5HC.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

spacer.png

Love it but please add the bee somewhere as that is the Shakers unofficial nickname.

Always working like bees

Always busy like bees

Always Bury

Top one without green for me

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

19 hours ago, tigers said:

Love it but please add the bee somewhere as that is the Shakers unofficial nickname.

Always working like bees

Always busy like bees

Always Bury

Top one without green for me

nicknames don't always have to be on the crest. Watford doesn't have the bees on their crest, and a few other teams don't add them either. 

15 minutes ago, Red-Knight said:

Thanks for the feedback! Would something like the below fit the club culture and brand better?
jHe1KE6.png

That being said I like this look for Bury, but I'd add some gold in rather than the silver. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Red-Knight said:

Thanks for the feedback! Would something like the below fit the club culture and brand better?
jHe1KE6.png

Yes that is the one.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

nicknames don't always have to be on the crest. Watford doesn't have the bees on their crest, and a few other teams don't add them either. 

That being said I like this look for Bury, but I'd add some gold in rather than the silver. 

True, but the Shakers have had a bee on their crest just as long as the County Borough of Bury so it would be a shame to lose it.

This explains.

It's a representation of the coat of arms granted to the former County Borough of Bury by the College of Arms (Heralds' College) on 28 February 1877. This depicts the town's industrial heritage with images in the shield of an anvil, a fleece, shuttles and a papyrus plant which respectively represent forging, wool, cotton and paper. It bears the inscription Vincit Omnia Industria (work conquers all).

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.