Alternate NHL Series - Senators (6/12)

B-mer

It's been common for teams to adopt what was once an alternate uniform as their home/away. What if some of them really leaned into it? I'm going to attempt a series of concepts taking alternate uniforms and converting them to primary sets. 

Up first is the Wild. They did switch to their red alternate jersey with the Edge switchover, albeit a modified version of it. I cleaned that up, placed the primary logo, unshackled by a roundel, on the front, and made a road jersey to match it. 

spacer.png

• Like 4

Given the amount of red vs. the amount of green in the league, the Wild should probably be green.  That said, this looks really good.  Kinda looks like the second iteration of the circle logo jersey but with stripes on the bottom (which was sorely missing).

I think this would be the best white jersey in team history. The only tweak I'd make to that is to go red-on-gold for the sleeve numbers...my rationale being that this matches with the approach taken on the red jersey (i.e., same "main" color on back and sleeve).

Hypothetically, this red jersey might honestly be the most aesthetically pleasing jersey in team history (and as you allude to...a huge improvement not shrinking the logo into a circle). I would really like it. But between the large amount of red in the league and Minnesota fans pretending we cared about the North Stars, green primary probably makes more sense.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

@OnWis97 appreciate the perspective from a fan. For this, since it's basing off of the alternate uniforms, I'm going to leave it as the red primary, though I totally understand and agree with your point about them being a "green" team. 

Here those are thought to compare.

spacer.png

The nice thing about the Wild is almost any design works in those colors.

• Like 5

Nice. I have to admit, though, the red one looks better.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, B-mer said:

@OnWis97 appreciate the perspective from a fan. For this, since it's basing off of the alternate uniforms, I'm going to leave it as the red primary, though I totally understand and agree with your point about them being a "green" team. 

Here those are thought to compare.

spacer.png

The nice thing about the Wild is almost any design works in those colors.

Better.

Next one is the Ottawa Senators. They adopted their red alternate as their home jersey before the Edge switch, and sort of carried it over to the Edge and initial Adidas eras. Here they are making a matching road uniform that to me has some touch back to their previous white jersey with the black/red on the arms. I used the newer 3-d logo as part of this, which I know it's not the favorite logo but feel it works well here as a refinement for this design. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

• B-mer changed the title to Alternate NHL Series - Senators (6/12)