Colorado Avalanche 'City Connect' (Different direction 7/17)

B-mer

Wasn't intending to make a set but figured what the hell. I first tried out without the navy parts and just kept the single lines like in the dark version, but it didn't really work. So I tried this simplified look to go with it, and still taking cues from the Nuggets uniform.

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, johne9109 said:

I'm really diggin' this, maybe add just a little more color like their recent Reverse Retro. Would still work as is too. Great Job!

Thanks. I’m going to make a couple tweaks to both, more on the smaller end but I think it’ll make a difference. Stay tuned 

• Like 1

I'm still going to update the Nuggets inspired set, but I also wanted to try this idea in another direction. Back to Avs colors, and i added the embossed mountain pattern from the Colorado Rapids (as close as i could get it anyway). I first made it with white numbers, but then swapped it to blue to get more color into it. Which looks best?

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

• B-mer changed the title to Colorado Avalanche 'City Connect' (Different direction 7/17)
On 7/17/2023 at 3:36 PM, B-mer said:

I'm still going to update the Nuggets inspired set, but I also wanted to try this idea in another direction. Back to Avs colors, and i added the embossed mountain pattern from the Colorado Rapids (as close as i could get it anyway). I first made it with white numbers, but then swapped it to blue to get more color into it. Which looks best?

spacer.png

spacer.png

This wold be a fantastic Stadium Series uniform. I would also like to see NHL teams be more bold like this with alternates or a league wide series like a city connect

ZUH86xc.png