Detroit Lions Rebrand

Zerovoltz

Much like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers completely redid their uniforms in the 90's, abandoning the creamsicles that they largely never won in, I thought the Lions could use a similar rebranding...getting completely away from the sillouette lion, the blue and sliver and starting over.  So, with that in mind....I present the rebranded Detroit Lions.

Team colors are Maroon and Tan.  New Lion head logo.  Secondary lion paw logo.  Tan helmet with maroon facemask.  White pants.  Lions font is retained.  The pants display the old 1960's lion on the side.

ALTERNATES are "Black and Tans" 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png  

The uniform design could work in a vacuum, but going away from Honolulu blue and silver is a huge mistake. The Lions could remain losers for another century and they would still never look right wearing any other color scheme. The Lions have one of the richest uniform histories in the league, so it feels quite odd to throw everything they've ever worn aside in favor of a Boston College-esque look.

The tan is way too light to ever work as a home jersey, as it wouldn't contrast nearly enough with any other team's white aways. Same complaint goes for the numbers on both the home and away: there isn't enough contrast. They would be virtually invisible from a distance. Why not a red home jersey? That would instantly solve the contrast issue. The black jersey, oddly enough, is the only jersey that works in that regard, but I'm still quite puzzled at the logic behind most of the design choices.  Even if this were for any other team, the lack of contrast is a huge issue. 

• Like 4

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

51 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I concur with the critique on the home and away and the lack of contrast. Also, dubbing the alternate "Black and Tans" is a massive yikes and would anger any fans of the team who are Irish or have Irish ancestry.

Tough crowd.  Ok.  Here is the same concept, but with the Honolulu Blue and Silver.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Patchey13 said:

Much better, not because those are the Lions actual colors, but because the original scheme you went with was just not it. I like the Primary logo, is it an original design?

The primary is not really original....It is not a copy and is not the same, but I took inspiration from the EPL logo for it and it's similar (to me at least)