2023 FIBA World Cup Redesigns (Group A)

IceInMyVeins

The 2023 FIBA World Cup is starting in a few weeks so naturally I'm gonna redesign the uniforms for every team. Posting these group by group. Each team gets a home and away no alternates.

Group A

Angola

Dominican Republic

Italy

The Philippines

Group B

China

Puerto Rico

Serbia

South Sudan

Group C

Greece

Jordan

New Zealand

USA

Group D

Egypt

Lithuania

Mexico

Montenegro

Group E

Australia

Finland

Greece

Japan

Group F

Cape Verde

Georgia

Slovenia

Venezuela

Group G

Brazil

Cote d'Ivoire

Iran

Spain

Group H

Canada

France

Lebanon

Latvia

Starting off in Group A, with Angola.

spacer.png

Angola usually has a lot of yellow in their jerseys, but I decided to limit the yellow and focus more on the red and black in order to create a more clean look. I also added a sublimated pattern to give the set something to help it stand out without having to overuse the bright yellow.

Next, The Dominican Republic,

spacer.png

I went with a somewhat classic feel for The DR as it just seemed fitting. Kept it fairly minimal and used the flag motif throughout to differentiate from other red white and blue nations. 

Now Italy,

spacer.png

For the Italians I changed from Macron to Adidas as the supplier, and so I obviously added the Adidas stripes to the shoulders. Nothing else to note outside of that pretty straught to the point set.

Lastly, The Philippines.

Xp8NBnv.png

The Philippines original set isn't too far off from being perfect as it is. I just felt like it needed a few tweaks to give it more balance. 

• Like 3

The front numbers are maybe a little too big for my taste. The uniforms also look very cheap without the sponsors, national federations logos as well as FIBA and World Cup Badges. They look something "generic", "makeshift", maybe "unlicensed", like those Chinese rip-offs. If you address these points, I think your concepts will look way better.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2023 at 9:38 PM, johnrafael said:

The front numbers are maybe a little too big for my taste. The uniforms also look very cheap without the sponsors, national federations logos as well as FIBA and World Cup Badges. They look something "generic", "makeshift", maybe "unlicensed", like those Chinese rip-offs. If you address these points, I think your concepts will look way better.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• IceInMyVeins changed the title to 2023 FIBA World Cup Redesigns (Group A)
On 2023-08-10 at 2:30 AM, Bomba Tomba said:

I agree that OP's concepts need all of those things, but you really didn't have to do them like that

I don't see where my words are offensive. I mean, I used quote marks and everything properly, didn't used any kind of slur, didn't offend the OP, didn't troll, didn't used any kind of 5h1tposting or low-quality meme.  I pointed what I noted as problems, explained why and even encouraged OP to address the problems, something it has been done by OP in a very nice way. The numbers are still too big for my taste (even for NBA standards), but that's a personal opinion.

• Like 1