Canucks Concepts

B-mer

37 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Looks great again. I think the Johnny head looks better when it’s anchored by something though. It could be a V like in your original concept, or something else entirely. Just some food for thought. 

Yeah I was actually thinking about that. Thought about maybe a “Canucks” wordmark to call back to the skate logo slanting along the bottom 

This is pretty much my ideal Canucks set. Absolutely love it. The Johnny head on its own works fine imo, though if I had to pick one thing to point out, that 3rd jersey design looks a little bit like a Whalers jersey, but I suppose for a team like Vancouver, that isn't even really an issue. Nice work

• 7 months later...
On 9/7/2023 at 2:53 PM, B-mer said:

Trying out a green alternate to go with this set, swapped the main/shoulder logos from the original concept as well. 

spacer.png

I think the biggest mistake people make when designing the Canucks is getting too fancy-- the color scheme definitely lends itself to doing so. Contrasting shoulder yokes aren't bad per se but I've seen it ruin so many Canucks concepts. That's why I really appreciate this home and away set. It really resides at the intersection of modern and vintage. The decision to keep the lack of an outline around the numbers really allows the logo to pop. Huge fan of this and all of your work!

On 9/7/2023 at 11:53 AM, B-mer said:

Trying out a green alternate to go with this set, swapped the main/shoulder logos from the original concept as well. 

spacer.png

from your first post i was like "the head isolated would be sick" and it looks great here. i would love to see a bit of a more stripped down white/blue jersey with the logo.

On 8/21/2023 at 9:13 AM, B-mer said:

Here is my second entry for the contest, voting is live today on Twitter. The theme was wild 90s. 

spacer.png

this is absolute FIRE. i love it 

personally i've always found with canucks concepts is that it relies too much on imagery from our past. there are only so many rounded variations of the stick in rink logo, or a V with something over it. but i will say your usage of a new johnny canuck head is crisp and i like it.