Tweaking the Diamondbacks’ New Uniforms

coco1997

I shared my initial thoughts on them here, and after sitting on them for a few days, I decided to take a stab at tweaking the D-Backs' new uniforms:

HOME:

D-Backs-2024-Home-no-placket.png

ROAD:

D-Backs-2024-Road-no-placket.png

HOME ALT:

D-Backs-2024-Home-Alt-w-wordmark.png

ROAD ALT:

D-Backs-2024-Road-Alt-no-placket.png

CITY CONNECT:

Diamondbacks-City-Connect-w-S-cap-logo.p

Notes:

- The main thing I wanted to address with the new set was the overabundance of caps. I simplified the cap situation by paring it down to just two, a red home cap with the "A" logo and a black road cap with the "D" snake. 

- Front numbers have been added across the board. 

- I've decided I'm not a fan of the new headspoon piping, so I removed it from the home, road and road alt. 

- Since Arizona seems determined to lean into their history more and more with each redesign, I decided to bring back the diamond pattern sleeve cuffs from their original alternates, which would give the home and road jerseys in particular some much-needed personality. 

- I flipped the stroke colors on the wordmark and numbers of the road jersey, since the turquoise is barely visible on the gray

- This might be a controversial choice, but I decided to replace the red home alt with turquoise. Big thanks to @MJD7 for providing me with his "DIAMONDBACKS" wordmark. I'll try it with the actual wordmark once it's uploaded to the mothership. 

- I really wanted to find a way to bring back the "db" snake head, possibly in place of the "D" snake, but unfortunately it just doesn't work as a cap logo, and I figured four different logos would be overkill. 

- For the City Connect set, I brought back the team's 2007-15 numbers (the curves fit the script nicely) and replaced the "A" cap logo with the "S" from the script. 

C&C appreciated!

• Like 1

• coco1997 changed the title to Tweaking the Diamondbacks’ New Uniforms
22 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I shared my initial thoughts on them here, and after sitting on them for a few days, I decided to take a stab at tweaking the D-Backs' new uniforms:

HOME:

D-Backs-2024-Home-no-placket.png

ROAD:

D-Backs-2024-Road-no-placket.png

HOME ALT:

D-Backs-2024-Home-Alt-w-wordmark.png

ROAD ALT:

D-Backs-2024-Road-Alt-no-placket.png

CITY CONNECT:

Diamondbacks-City-Connect-w-S-cap-logo.p

Notes:

- The main thing I wanted to address with the new set was the overabundance of caps. I simplified the cap situation by paring it down to just two, a red home cap with the "A" logo and a black road cap with the "D" snake. 

- Front numbers have been added across the board. 

- I've decided I'm not a fan of the new headspoon piping, so I removed it from the home, road and road alt. 

- Since Arizona seems determined to lean into their history more and more, I decided to bring back the diamond pattern sleeve cuffs from their original alternates, which would give the home and road jerseys in particular some much-needed personality. 

- I flipped the stroke colors on the wordmark and numbers of the road jersey, since the turquoise is barely visible on the gray

- This might be a controversial choice, but I decided to replace the red home alt with turquoise. Big thanks to @MJD7 for providing me with his "DIAMONDBACKS" wordmark. I'll try it with the actual wordmark once it's uploaded to the mothership. 

- I really wanted to find a way to bring back the "db" snake head, possibly in place of the "D" snake, but unfortunately it just doesn't work as a cap logo, and I figured four different logos would be overkill. 

- For the City Connect set, I brought back the team's 2007-15 numbers (the curves match the script nicely) and replaced the "A" cap logo with the "S" from the script. 

C&C appreciated!

- No names on the back?

- I do like the two caps you've stuck with

- Really not sure about the turquoise alt. Never been a fan of super bright neon color bases for jerseys. This could end up being just as unsightly as the Seahawks green alt

- Great sleeve caps

Overall, looks great (albeit still unsure about neon turquoise). Would be happy with the Diamondbacks making this their look.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ruttep said:

- No names on the back?

- I do like the two caps you've stuck with

- Really not sure about the turquoise alt. Never been a fan of super bright neon color bases for jerseys. This could end up being just as unsightly as the Seahawks green alt

- Great sleeve caps

Overall, looks great (albeit still unsure about neon turquoise). Would be happy with the Diamondbacks making this their look.

Thanks for the feedback! The only reason I didn't include player names is because I'm not great at arching letters. In general, I'm indifferent to names on the back of jerseys (I think the teams that don't use them look fine without them), but in real life I'd probably have the D-Backs use them.

As for the turquoise alt, I figured it would be a controversial choice. My goal was to drop either the red or black alt, and I reasoned that if the Marlins refuse to bring back their classic color scheme full-time, maybe Arizona could be the NL team to "own" a vibrant turquoise/teal like this.