Cleveland Guardians rebrand (Cavaliers style) (MLB)

FrutigerAero

I used to think that "Guardians" was a lame nickname, however as I've gotten used to hearing it, I've grown to like it.  The fact they integrated local architecture into their team identity is pretty sweet.

spacer.png

I think it's the fact that they basically kept their pre-Guardians uniforms and put the new nickname on the front instead that made them seem lame.  Made them seem like a movie-knockoff version of the team that couldn't get a rights deal with MLB.  Since then, the Guardians have had lots of success, but not much fan interest.  They've been 8th last in attendance, didn't sell out a playoff game, and had a weird, botched remodel where they replaced their upper deck with shipping containers (really, what?).  It's time to inject new Cleveland energy into their baseball franchise.  

The first thing I toyed with was some synergy with the other two Cleveland teams, the Browns and the Cavaliers

First, the Guardians in Browns' colors:

spacer.png 

Next, the Guardians in Cavs colors:

spacer.png

I really liked both, but I felt like the Cavs color scheme was the more conservative choice, as their red-wine and navy color is close enough to the Guardians current red-blue scheme.  The maroon/wine red color isn't used in baseball currently, and the wine/gold rebrand allows us to inject new energy into this tired Guardians franchise.

So, debuting concurrently with their stadium re-remodel (getting rid of those shipping crates), I present to you the new, improved Cleveland Guardians:

spacer.png

spacer.png

We have a basic home white, a red wine alternate, a navy home alternate, and a classic road grey.  I made sure to utilize their ball/feathered G logo as I feel like the "C" logo doesn't stand on its own.  Previously, they had the C and Chief Wahoo, now we have the C and the guardian ball.  I don't think it's a perfect logo, but it's decent and is the only thing besides the name that actually points to the guardian statues, so it stays.  

This is my first time making any kind of concept like this, so let me know what you think.  Do you like the revamped Guardians?

• Like 9

Nice job! This certainly would've been a more interesting direction for the rebrand than just keeping the Indians' navy and red. A few nitpicks/suggestions:

- Try adding a gold stroke around the letters on the road jersey.

- For the navy alt, I'd go with a wine-colored script trimmed in gold. 

- I don't think you need four different cap options. I'd pick two and just roll with those. My personal choice would be the one with the home white & the road gray. 

On 2/22/2024 at 8:15 AM, coco1997 said:

Nice job! This certainly would've been a more interesting direction for the rebrand than just keeping the Indians' navy and red. A few nitpicks/suggestions:

- Try adding a gold stroke around the letters on the road jersey.

- For the navy alt, I'd go with a wine-colored script trimmed in gold. 

- I don't think you need four different cap options. I'd pick two and just roll with those. My personal choice would be the one with the home white & the road gray. 

I think those are good suggestions all around.  After implementing them, I like the navy alt a lot more now, it meshes with the rest of the uniforms better.

53549818349_ebd11d9bee_b.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 12:46 PM, Dozap17 said:

I like what you did with the Cavs/Guardians mashup; as a fan of both teams I appreciate the different take on the Guardians unis with Cavs colors mixed in

Thank you!  You never know how the locals will react so glad it got positive feedback from actual fans.  I also posted it in the Guardians' reddit board and they liked it

• Like 1