4 minutes ago, heavybass said:

My name was mentioned and I was summoned

I guess in a way you were summoned, but I meant this more as a shoutout. That series of yours is straight up amazing.

4 hours ago, BlueMoon18 said:

Huh, I thought this would have been the week where my creativity started to explode since school was almost out for the year, but GOD both of those AP tests wore me out. As a result, I have not been able to do much in regards to...anything actually due how long this week has been.

However, I'm finally kinda of getting some much needed energy back. I just hope I don't get tired again like that even though I work for 4 straight days.

Now to the topic at hand. I'm at a conundrum AGAIN, this time it's for the upcoming Cardinals relocation (essentially if Lamar Hunt DID get an NFL team).

Here's what set so far:

• I have the AFL just NOT existing at all, as Hunt was a big part of that. All AFL markets (of course, DAL swaps with KC) get teams in later years.
  • The Cowboys also don't exist in this situation.
  • The relocated CHI Cards team does find stability in Dallas, so Phoenix (1984) and St. Louis (1995) get expansion teams. I should have said this before, but ALL teams that spawn due to scenarios will be covered AFTER all DFW teams are finished for that sport.
  • I have colors in mind for both ideas for the Cardinals relocation:
    • Cardinal red, white, grey...maybe navy blue if Name 1 is chosen.
    • light blue, Royal blue, navy blue, white if Name 2 is chosen.
    • Columbia blue, black, and sand if Name 3 is chosen.

Speaking of names...I have three for this next concept:

• Name #1: Texas Cardinals
  • Name #2: Texas Bluebonnets
  • Name #3: Dallas Oilers

I'll throw this up to a vote like I did before. The first name that either gets to 12 votes or has 4 more than the next-most popular name will be chosen. Vote away!

I also need names for the 13 college football arena teams (idea inspired in part by @heavybass's College Arena Football series. Shoutout to him), so suggest something as well.

I'd also like to confirm a couple of things before I head out for today:

• I'm going with Commanders for Washington's relocation. Rangers will be a What-If Concept for the Cowboys (what if KC got the Cowboys first?/What if the minor-league Rangers did fold?). Therefore, there will be 12 concepts for American Football.
  • I'll do three concepts for Dallas's USLS Team. One will be for the actual name (Dallas Trinity FC), one for the name I suggested (Metroplex FC), and one entirely new concept based on the Dallas Burn (I may go DFW Flames for this one).

Anyway that's all I have. Hopefully I'll get the next concept out before June starts. Thanks for viewing and sorry for the long hiatus.

Texas Cardinals should be name, also I assume that football Rangers concept would coincide with my Kansas City football Cowboys concept. 

gT1BtSs.png

7 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Texas Cardinals should be name, also I assume that football Rangers concept would coincide with my Kansas City football Cowboys concept. 

You’d be right in assuming that. But there’s also a bit of history behind it. Murchison originally wanted “Rangers” as the name of the Dallas NFL team in 1960, but there was a minor league baseball team in the area with the same name. They originally went defunct at the end of ‘59, but reversed their decision in ‘60, which forced Murchison to go with Cowboys. Steers was also an option for that concept, but I opted to do that for the NY Giants relocation.

• Like 1

• BlueMoon18 changed the title to (VIEWER PARTICIPATION REQUIRED!) Into the DFW-Verse! (Update 5/20)

Okay, I've changed my mind on the vote. I'll go with the Bluebonnets as the team name (that felt more Texas and it does continue on the color theme for the Cards). However, I'll do something similar to what I did for the Bulls/Longhorns and the Mockingbirds/Eagles earlier and use the Cardinals as a fauxback alt.

• BlueMoon18 changed the title to Into the DFW-Verse! (Confirming #5 5/26)

Update on this: I'm going to move everything done here so far to a new template. However, I've come up with a different idea as to how to introduce the teams. Here's an example for the Dallas Texans ('52/'60).

Dallas-Texans-Banner.png

How do banners like this sound? If ya'll like the idea, I'll make one for the other three teams I've done so far. 

• Like 1

• BlueMoon18 changed the title to Into the DFW-Verse! (Update + Banners? 5/28)

I like the new banner design. Puts all the basic info for the premise of the concept in a concise, easy to view package. It should work well for introducing the new concepts.

• Like 1

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

On 5/28/2024 at 6:03 PM, Wildcomet said:

I like the new banner design. Puts all the basic info for the premise of the concept in a concise, easy to view package. It should work well for introducing the new concepts.

Thanks dude. That was, more or less, the goal when I thought of it. Something simple to introduce the concept.

Anyway, I have another update to make.

It was only after I saw @maxwasson's concept for a potential 2033 Final Four that I realized I missed the tournaments and events for this concept. So some more stuff will be added, as follows:

Super Bowl: XLV (45). This'll be a "What-If." What if the NFL never templated the Super Bowl logo?

NBA All-Star: 1986, 2010, 2034 (assuming the pattern continues...)

MLB All-Star: 1962, 1969 (yes, I'm doing both Washington ones), 1995, 2024

NHL All-Star: 2007

Men's Final Fours: 1986, 2014, 2030

Women's Final Fours: 2017, 2023, 2031

College Bowls:

1. Fort Worth Classic (1920)
  2. Dixie Bowl Classic (Dallas; 1921, 1924, 1933)
  3. Cotton Bowl (Dallas/Arlington; since 1937)
  4. Great Southwest Bowl (Grand Prairie; 1960)
  5. Pecan Bowl (Abilene/Arlington; 1964–70)
  6. Pioneer Bowl (Wichita Falls; 1971–78, 1981–82)
  7. Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth, since 2003)
  8. FCS Championship (Frisco, since 2010)
  9. First Responder Bowl (Dallas, since 2010)
  10. Frisco Bowl (take a wild guess, since 2017) + Frisco Football Classic (2021)
  11. Heritage Bowl (Corsicana; since 2017)
  12. 2013 Texas vs the Nation (in Allen that year, yes...this was a thing)
  13. Dream Bowl (Little Elm beginning this year (2024))

Tell me if I'm missing anything!

Posted (edited)

I am not going to lie. This is probably the hardest concept I've done EVER. No wonder I took almost two weeks to complete it...

Screenshot-2024-05-30-190805.png

Team #5, ladies and gentlemen. The Texas BlueBonnets.

I've already mentioned what changes in an earlier post, but in case you need a recap:

• The AFL just doesn't exist at all, as Hunt was a big part of that. All AFL markets (of course, DAL swaps with KC) get teams in later years.
  • The Cowboys also don't exist in this situation.
  • The relocated CHI Cards team does find stability in Dallas, so Phoenix (1984, they get the Firebirds) and St. Louis (1995, they get the Stallions) get expansion teams.

Logo Sheet

Screenshot-2024-05-30-190829.png

Admittedly, this logo set is a lot simpler than the previous sets. However, this is sort of like the Saints, with a simple emblem representing their home state. The bluebonnet is Texas's state flower, so that became the focus of this design. The secondary is two petals with the TX in them (T in blue, X in yellow). There isn't a heritage primary logo because they're just recolored versions of that era's logos for the Cards and Oilers. I'll explain when I get there.

Now for the color choice. I went Columbia blue as one of the mains, as Hunt really wanted that color for his team, but the ever-cheap Bud Adams took it. I then used a darker blue to better contrast with the mustard gold I used for this (which represented the seed. I guess). This was the main reason why I struggled so much with this one.

And with that, ONTO THE UNIFORMS!

Home Uni

Screenshot-2024-05-30-190134.png

Yep, there's a new template.

Now most of the home uni was easy to do. I went with a simple white-navy combo for the shirt and pants, and did add some striping on the sides and the collar to evoke an actual bluebonnet from up top (I did this as well for the logo). Then there's THE HELMET (main reason why I changed templates). That was EASILY the hardest part (although it was quick). Petals all over the place with a number on the side (one side only) to top it off.

Player Used: Night Train Lane. This is probably the only one of the four used who the regular might know. And yes he did play with the Cards for a couple years.

Away Uni

Screenshot-2024-05-30-190207.png

General inversion of the home. However, the pants and numbers are yellow instead of white. That's pretty much the only noted difference of what is otherwise a flipped version of the home.

Player Used: I'm betting you've never heard of this next guy until now. This is...Sam Etcheverry. This should give a perspective of how bad the Cards were in this era. Etcheverry did have a decent 1961, with a 14-11 TD-INT ratio and a couple of comebacks. However, 1962 was disastrous as he threw five times as many picks as TDs. You can probably catch on as to  why he didn't play another game after '62...

There's no regular alt for a team for the FIRST time this series because...I have TWO heritage alts for you.

Heritage Alt #1 (Cardinals)

Screenshot-2024-05-30-190243.png

The first heritage alt is based off the 1966 Cardinals uniforms except for the addition of Columbia blue as shown. The helmet logo is the same as the Cards longtime logo but with a blue eye instead of a white one. Probably shoulda done the beak that color...

Player Used: King (of the) Hill. Chicago actually picked this kid #1 in 1958 (in the last year of Loterry Bonus #1's). He struggled quite a bit at QB in Chicago/St. Louis, and ultimately became a punter for the Eagles during his time there.

Heritage Alt #2 (Oilers)

Screenshot-2024-05-30-190309.png

The last uni I got for ya today is a combo of two different unis. The original Oilers unis with 1965's striping. The red the Oilers used here is replaced with the red the Chicago Cardinals used, but other than that nothing changes.

Player Used: Billy Cannon. The Halloween Punt Return guy. He played with the Oilers from '60-'63, and was notably used much more as a tight end than halfback (college position).

One last thing. Should I shift the other four teams to this template now or wait until I finish the football section?

With that, that's all I got for now. C+C is much appreciated and thanks for being patient.

Edited by BlueMoon18
Other Players Used added
  • Like 1

• BlueMoon18 changed the title to Into the DFW-Verse! (Team #5: TEX BlueBonnets 5/30)

Started planning for #6, and I've got an idea for when I want this one posted on...

Should I post #6's concept on D-Day (June 6)? It just feels right to me considering the team name.

• BlueMoon18 changed the title to Into the DFW-Verse! (#6 on D-Day? 6/1)

I've changed the name for #6's concept to further establish a D-Day theme going on. The alternate for this does the same.

spacer.png

Team #6 is now the Dallas Generals instead of the Dallas Commanders. I'd also like for you to guess who I'm honoring with the new name.

Anyhow, I'll go on ahead and explain the idea behind the primary.

The stencil D is borrowed from the Commander's W, but the star behind it is original.

Red, Blue, and (Off-)White represent the U.S. flag, while Black and Gold represent the Army. It should be noted I kept the Burgundy and gold. Burgundy represents the blood lost during WWII (specifically). However, the white does look a little like sand, and that's for a reason. The holiday I'm honoring was a beach invasion onto Normandy, so this represents the sand on the beaches as well.

• Like 1

• BlueMoon18 changed the title to Into the DFW-Verse! (#6 Name Change, Preview, Primary Explanation 6/3)

The Generals concept is done, but I won't release it until D-Day (June 6). However I'm at a scramble for what I should do for the What-If statement. Should I do:

• What If Marshall Made Murchison Pay for Stealing the Song? (i.e. keep it)
  • What If Marshall Wanted To Prove His Monopoly on the South?
  • What If Murchison's Bid Failed?

I also want to mark a checkpoint on things.

If you have anything to say about the first five teams I've done, then say it here. You can add on to it after I do post the Generals come D-Day if you'd like. I'll do this for every six teams in each sport (i.e. After the Chiefs relocation (that's #12) would be the next one).

I'll start work on the Steers, who represent a relocated Giants team (which probably has little chance of happening because it's New York City they're relocating from). 

Anyway, enjoy your day and speak up about the first five (soon to be six)!

• Like 1

• BlueMoon18 changed the title to Into the DFW-Verse! (What-If Stalemate, Checkpoint #1 is Up 6/4)

Well, it's D-Day. As I said, I would post the Generals today. And so, here they are.

spacer.png

This team is a relocated Commanders team. I should probably explain why I went with the tagline I did before I explain anything else.

Murchison was a Texas oil man (what else did you expect?) who was looking to put an NFL team in Dallas. Everyone in the league was all in on the idea. Well...everyone except one. That one was George Preston Marshall, then-owner of the Washington [REDACTED] (now Commanders). He had a monopoly on the South, and he did not want anyone having a team south of him. In '58, Murchison tried to buy the Commanders but a last-minute change in the deal forced him to drop it, hence the opposition. Around the same time, Marshall had a bit of a beef with the band leader Barnee Breeskin, who had written the team's fight song. As retribution, Breeskin sold the rights to the song to Murchison, who then banned Marshall from playing it at games. After Marshall got mad, Murchison sold the rights back to Marshall in exchange for the last vote needed, and a rivalry was born. With this concept, let's see what happens if Marshall wasn't so merciful and relocated the team himself to spite Murchison (I feel like he would do this).

Logo Sheet (I had to screenshot this in Creative Cloud because when I went to convert it, three letters were missing)

spacer.png

I already explained the primary a couple posts ago. In case you missed it:

On 6/3/2024 at 3:11 PM, BlueMoon18 said:

The stencil D is borrowed from the Commander's W, but the star behind it is original.

Red, Blue, and (Off-)White represent the U.S. flag, while Black and Gold represent the Army. It should be noted I kept the Burgundy and gold. Burgundy represents the blood lost during WWII (specifically). However, the white does look a little like sand, and that's for a reason. The holiday I'm honoring was a beach invasion onto Normandy, so this represents the sand on the beaches as well.

The first two secondaries are the the star by itself and the D from the logo inverted.

The first wordmark is inspired by the Commanders current wordmark, except I changed the font to Warpath to make it seem more army-like.

The third secondary and the second wordmark are for the alt set. Now onto the uniforms.

Home Uni

Dallas-Generals-Home.jpg

This is mostly based on the Commander's white uni except it does have gold. That's probably the one thing that truly threw that uni off for me, so I added the gold as accents. I did add shoulder numbers and extend the burgundy to cover the whole sleeve. I did this since this was originally going to be based on an army uni set (as in the dress unis), but that would have too complex for a football uni so I just combined elements from both.

Player Used: Sonny Jurgensen. This is the same guy I used for the Mockingbirds fauxback, so check that one out if you want to know more.

Away Uni

Dallas-Generals-Away.jpg

The Away Uni is closer to matching the Commander's burgundy uni. The main difference is that stars replace the numbers and that pants stripes are added (the same thing is done to the home). 

Player Used: Bobby Mitchell. He's actually pretty important as he was the first African-American player on Washington (who was, fittingly, the last team to integrate). He was an absolute star over there, and his 49 is retired by the team.

Army Honor Uni (Alternate)

Dallas-Generals-Alternate-1.jpg

Now to the alternate. Similar to the Texans, I almost didn't do this, but since it was close to D-Day when I started. It only made sense. I wanted to try my hand at a camo uniform to reference the OCPs army men wore (and still wear). Five stars are shown all over the place to honor the rank of the person I used (General of the Army). I also did something similar to the dress uniform sleeves for the shoulders.

Player (or should I say Person) Used: Dwight Eisenhower. He was the main general for the D-Day occupation, and later on got the General of the Army rank in 1945 (after WWII ended). Eisenhower did grow up in Kansas, but was born in Denison, TX, which is close enough to DFW for this to make sense.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Tell me your thoughts on this and the other concepts so far, and Happy D-Day everyone! It's really been 80 years since it happened huh..?

• Like 2

• BlueMoon18 changed the title to Into the DFW-Verse! (#6 DAL Generals, 6/6)

Okay, I have a question. I've used a different template for #5 and #6 compared to the first four concepts. Now I'm thinking of a possibility.

Should I combine both templates into one so that the players I use become more clear, or should I stick with one template? If you think the latter, which one should I stick with?

• BlueMoon18 changed the title to Into the DFW-Verse! (Now I Have A Question 6/7)
On 6/7/2024 at 2:25 PM, BlueMoon18 said:

Okay, I have a question. I've used a different template for #5 and #6 compared to the first four concepts. Now I'm thinking of a possibility.

Should I combine both templates into one so that the players I use become more clear, or should I stick with one template? If you think the latter, which one should I stick with?

Combine

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 6/9/2024 at 11:31 PM, Blindsay said:

Combine

I figured out a way I wanted to do this, I'll show it when I finish the home uni version of it for the Texans.

Also, I'm going to redo the first 6 concepts with this change of plans, so it's going to be a while before #7 does come out. Might as well sync everything up before I truly move on the Giants relocation.

I'm also going to go on ahead and say this now. The '52 and '60 Texans have been split. They'll each be their own concepts.

• Like 1

• BlueMoon18 changed the title to Into the DFW-Verse! (Changes are Coming 6/15)