NBA X MLB Uniforms 30/30 Utah Jazz UPDATED

johne9109

Sacramento Kings

The Kings home is a direct translation of their Association uniform while the gray for the away uniform is a dark gray directly form their palette. Normally I take the icon uniform and make that the 1st alternate but  for the Kings I took their statement and made that the first alt as I felt it went better with white pants. The icon uniform is then transitioned over to the 2nd alternate. I went with the 2021-22 city edition for the city connect mainly for the Sactown script that looks like it was made for a baseball uniform

SKBB1

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 26/30 Kings Full Set Added

San Antonio Spurs

The Spurs get a great set that features a white home and black alternate. I then took their gray(silver) and used that for their away uniform. Their SATX statement uniform becomes their other alt. For the City connect I went with their current city edition. The Spurs have had some great city editions, but their current one felt very San Antonio and also had many design elements that lent themselves to a baseball uniform very well.

SASBB1

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 27/30 Spurs Full Set Added

Toronto Raptors

The Raptors are the only team that is not based on their current uniforms. As hard as I tried the current Raptors designs just do not translate to a baseball uniform. The issue was the wordmark; so instead of using the wordmark that points up I use their previous wordmark as well as a pervious secondary logo on the cap that features the Canadian maple leaf with TR. So we get a white home, gray away, red alt, and then a black pinstripe alt based on their statement uniform. For the City Connect I went with their 2020-21 City Edition

TRBB1

• Like 2
  • Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 28/30 Raptors Full Set Added
14 hours ago, RTrain61 said:

The Magic and Suns one are absolute fire! There's just something about vest jerseys that I always love about them

Thanks! While I will admit it wouldn't work for all teams I feel like it is almost a no brainer for your warmer climate teams

ZUH86xc.png

Utah Jazz

While the Jazz's current basketball uniforms are trash except for their current city edition; it kind of works as baseball uniforms. They're still not great, but an improvement and they stand out as far as baseball colors go. The home and away are white and gray respectively with a yellow alt and black alt based on their icon and statement uniforms. This gives them a pretty well rounded 4 uniform set. The Jazz have only had 3 city edition uniforms so I went with the one they used from 2020-2022 as it felt the most refined and best translatable to a baseball uniform

UJBB1

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 29/30 Jazz Full Set Added

Washington Wizards

Here's our final team; the Washington Wizards. To employ the striping they feature on their jerseys I went with a pullover jersey for the Wizards. The way gets a gray treatment while their icon uniform becomes a red alt. Their statement uniform becomes their second alt fiving them a well rounded red, white, and blue uniform set. For the city connect I used their 2022-23 city edition. Those pink and blues are such a beautiful color combination; I wish more teams would use a color set like this

WWBB1

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 30/30 Wizards Full Set Added *FINISHED*

Been meaning to comment on the last few teams:

- Sacramento's "Kings" script lends itself perfectly to a baseball jersey. The primary logo, however, is a little busy looking for a cap design. How about going with a white front panel and using just the "SAC" from the logo but in purple, sort of mimicking the '83 White Sox caps? 

- Toronto's set is just about perfect. I might add a white outline to the maple leaf cap logo, so it picks up some of the white from the jersey. 

- The yellow piping almost completely disappears on Utah's road jersey. I'd make the piping black instead (and subsequently add a yellow outline to the wordmark) or use black-yellow-black triple piping like the Braves have. I also think the two alternates look a little too plain without any trim whatsoever. 

- I wonder if you could add front numbers within the bottom horizontal stripe of the Wizards' jerseys. White for the home and road, and navy for the home alt?

- Portland and San Antonio looks great!

Congrats on completing this series!

On 6/2/2024 at 11:34 AM, coco1997 said:

Been meaning to comment on the last few teams:

- Sacramento's "Kings" script lends itself perfectly to a baseball jersey. The primary logo, however, is a little busy looking for a cap design. How about going with a white front panel and using just the "SAC" from the logo but in purple, sort of mimicking the '83 White Sox caps? 

- Toronto's set is just about perfect. I might add a white outline to the maple leaf cap logo, so it picks up some of the white from the jersey. 

- The yellow piping almost completely disappears on Utah's road jersey. I'd make the piping black instead (and subsequently add a yellow outline to the wordmark) or use black-yellow-black triple piping like the Braves have. I also think the two alternates look a little too plain without any trim whatsoever. 

- I wonder if you could add front numbers within the bottom horizontal stripe of the Wizards' jerseys. White for the home and road, and navy for the home alt?

- Portland and San Antonio looks great!

Congrats on completing this series!

Kings doesn't look bad with Sac on the cap

SKBB copy

But I think if I were to change the cap logo I would go with their crown logo on the cap (is that a hat on a hat?)

SKBB copy2

Great call on the Raptors

TRBB copy

The Wizards did feel empty and numbers on the front is the perfect touch and it now feels like a complete jersey, thank you for that recommendation

WWBB copy

I could alter the yellow on the Jazz uniforms, but I'll one up that. With the Jazz recently announcing new and much better uniforms; I decided to redo the Jazz (almost) completely. The home is based on the new association uniform with a matching gray uniform, the icon uniform becomes their purple alternate while the black statement becomes their second alt. I did keep the City Connect however to help break up what feels like a very similar uniform compared to the other new unis

UJBB1 copy

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 30/30 Utah Jazz UPDATED
On 6/7/2024 at 6:18 PM, johne9109 said:

Kings doesn't look bad with Sac on the cap

SKBB copy

But I think if I were to change the cap logo I would go with their crown logo on the cap (is that a hat on a hat?)

SKBB copy2

Great call on the Raptors

TRBB copy

The Wizards did feel empty and numbers on the front is the perfect touch and it now feels like a complete jersey, thank you for that recommendation

WWBB copy

I could alter the yellow on the Jazz uniforms, but I'll one up that. With the Jazz recently announcing new and much better uniforms; I decided to redo the Jazz (almost) completely. The home is based on the new association uniform with a matching gray uniform, the icon uniform becomes their purple alternate while the black statement becomes their second alt. I did keep the City Connect however to help break up what feels like a very similar uniform compared to the other new unis

UJBB1 copy

- Sacramento and Washington look great! The crown on the Kings cap gives me Rockies vibes with their mountain logo. 

- For the Raptors, I was actually referring to the Maple Leaf on the black cap from their road alt. 

- The Jazz set is so infinitely better with their new/throwback colors and logos, it's not even funny. One small nitpick: the notehead on the road alt is still a basketball. 

• Like 1