9/21: TBD vs Orange County

9/28: TBD vs Detroit

10/4: TBD @ Phoenix

10/9: TBD @ Sacramento

10/19: TBD vs Colorado Springs

10/26: TBD @ Tulsa

• Like 4

designing-an-mbfc-kit-after-every-win-dr

I've taken a bit of a CCSLC hiatus since the end of my Oregon League series, but I'm back with this new mini-series!

"Designing a new jersey after ever win" series have proliferated on social media ever since Pete Rogers began his viral Boston Celtics series in 2022. These series have spread across basketball fanbases and have now jumped onto baseball and soccer.

I decided to make a series for my hometown (even though I'm in Oregon now) Monterey Bay FC of the USL Championship! I spent a huge chunk of my childhood in California's Monterey County, so it was very nice to finally have a hometown professional team to root for when this team began in 2021.

I'm making a new MBFC kit for every win and draw throughout the 2024 season, with each kit highlighting a different community & event throughout the 831 area code in California (consisting of the Monterey Peninsula, the Salinas Valley, and Santa Cruz). As with my previous projects, I conducted extensive research into each community to make sure that their kit represented what the location is best known for. I'm utilizing design suggestions from Monterey Bay FC supporters as well as my local knowledge of the area I called home for sixteen years.

These kits are designed in Adobe Illustrator and are rendered on CLO 3D using 3D kit templates from Designs by Corinth

You can follow this series outside of the forums, through the mbfc_kits Instagram account!

---

The season began in the middle of March, and I've already made four kits in this series!  I'll post them on the forums over the next few days, and then each new kit will be posted around the time they're posted on social media.

---

March 13, 2024
El Paso, TX
Monterey Bay FC 1 | El Paso Locomotive FC 1

RECORD: 0-0-1

The city of Monterey has such a cool flag that I wish more people were aware of!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Love the combination of the logo motif with the city flag!

Exciting series idea; curious if we'll see a Jazz Festival design and what that could look like 👀

14 hours ago, vtgco said:

Love the combination of the logo motif with the city flag!

Exciting series idea; curious if we'll see a Jazz Festival design and what that could look like 👀

Thanks so much! I'll definitely be using that striping pattern on a few more concepts throughout the season

I do have a Jazz Festival kit scheduled for September when it happens! I haven't researched specifics yet, but the Monterey-Salinas Transit JAZZ bus is gonna be in the moodboard!

---

March 16, 2024
Seaside, CA
Phoenix Rising FC 0 | Monterey Bay FC 1

RECORD: 1-0-1

The Monterey Canyon is a HUGE reason why the Monterey Bay is such a hub for marine science research!

Some of the Monterey Bay's renowned research institutions include UC Santa Cruz's Long Marine Laboratory, San Jose State's Moss Landing Marine Labs, the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute, CSU Monterey Bay, and Stanford University's Hopkins Marine Station

• Like 2

All caught up to where this series stands right now!

---

April 6, 2024
Oakland, CA
Monterey Bay FC 1 | Oakland Roots SC 0

RECORD: 2-1-2

🎶 At the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, iiiiiin the warm California sun (BOARDWALK!!!) 🎶

To anyone in northern California, hearing the Boardwalk jingle (arguably more iconic than the 1963 song—"California Sun" by The Rivieras—it samples) is a sign that another sunny summer is right around the corner!

• Like 4

With Monterey Bay's win over the weekend, here are the next two kits!

---

April 13, 2024
Seaside, CA
Las Vegas Lights FC 1 | Monterey Bay FC 3

RECORD: 3-1-2

Tonight was the team's "Defend the 831" night in honor of the former Fort Ord (1917-1994), so here are my takes on a Fort Ord-themed kit!

(These kits have been retweeted by the team itself!)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

U.S. Open Cup Edition!

---

April 17, 2024
Seaside, CA

Irvine Zeta FC 1 | Monterey Bay FC 2

RECORD: 3-1-2
U.S. Open Cup: 1-0-0

One time at Disneyland a long time ago, I overheard a conversation between a cast member and a kid wearing a Hollister Co. t-shirt. They were telling the kid about how Hollister is a small ag town in northern California that's actually quite far from the beach 😂

• Like 2