2024 NBA Offseason Thread

It sorta reminds me of the trade(s) Boston did last summer, giving up depth and the "soul" of the team for a better top line and filling the most obvious need. I thought they'd end up with Capela or Kessler so good for them getting a higher caliber of player. That said... maybe this is a Porzingis-like situation where it's the right change of scenery/easing of pressure on KAT that will unlock his potential, but that's an everything-goes-right outcome. Definitely a better starting 5 now, but less well-suited to grind out a competent defense vs the Celtics? I might make that argument. I expect Tatum to feast.

This is a disaster for the Wolves, IMO. Towns was an imperfect fit and made too much money, yadda yadda, but that's a weird return for him and this is not a trade you make if you're trying to make it to the finals. I'll change my mind if they flip Randle for better fitting supports but otherwise this screams payroll cut. Oh well, that one year was fun.